6.2 ROUSH VS Corsa Extreme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Corsa Extreme on my Gen 1 and i loved it. Cold starts and WOT sounds awesome. Little to no drone on highway at 80. No experience with Roush here

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Corsa extreme on my truck and was recently able to ride in a Roush raptor. They are very different, the Corsa is more baritone when cruising. It makes a wonderfully cataclysmic jackhammer noise when you really romp on it, on ramps with concrete barriers are really fun, especially if you are towing. Its completely transparent except at initial start and acceleration, very civil, very luxurious, very Jekyll & Hyde.

The Roush is a deeper rumble inside, you always know its there, it drones in the 1800-2000 rpm range which can be fixed with one of several resonator designs. It reminded me of a glasspack type exhaust. It is more visceral, I think I would prefer it for an occasional use vehicle, it is angry all the time.

After riding in the Roush truck I prefer the Corsa for the way I use my truck, I can't here it at all over the Duratrac's on the highway, but its there any time I want it. When I am blasting around off road it is a constant crescendo, then when I return to pavement and head home it goes back to super cruiser mode.

I am a bit bias, I run Corsa extremes on my mustang too, but I have had at least 20 different muffler systems on it, this is the first one to stay for more than a year. If I buy another vehicle that will take a Corsa exhaust it will get one as well.