Roush Raptor Spun a Rod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stainless Works long tubes with true dual exhaust. There used to be a bit of drone at 70mph, but I don't hear it anymore.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you really need to go with headers, than go Kooks all the way.

https://kooksheaders.com/my-vehicle/2011/Ford/F-150/SVT Raptor/V8/6.2

It's gonna be around $5,000 for Green catted headers and full true dual exhaust out the rear with tax and shipping minus installation.

Going out the rear will have less drone in the cab.
And I've seen some adding resonators before the tips to eliminate any drone.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had good experience with Kooks. Stainless works American made would be my choice for the ~$200 price difference.

If it is too loud have a stock style resonator installed.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had good experience with Kooks. Stainless works American made would be my choice for the ~$200 price difference.

If it is too loud have a stock style resonator installed.
The Stainless works headers are ok but their cats do not hold up to a Supercharged Raptor.
From reading posts on this forum, stock and Kooks have always done well with SC Raptors.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about American racing headers?
They are good also,
all the headers themselves are good, it's getting the front pipes with the right cats that fit together that you need to research.
Make some phone calls, it would be worth your time investigating.
And make sure they come with a locking header bolt system!!!

And just to throw another snow ball at you, talk with JDM about what size primary tubes they recommend with their Tune.
You have two choices, 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 inch.

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Stainless works headers are ok but their cats do not hold up to a Supercharged Raptor.
From reading posts on this forum Kooks have always done well with SC Raptors.

So to piggy back on this. Are supercharged trucks getting the “high flow” cats too hot?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and the high rate of exhaust flow is blowing the elements apart.
Plus with high flow cats you need to use rear O2 spacers to get them out of the exhaust flow,
if you want to keep the rear O2s on in the Tune to keep all the safeties on and pass state OBDII inspection.

The platinum and silver and other materials plus the density and construction play a big role on what cats cost.
You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jross993

Jross993

Reaction score
Just an update for you guys, I’m on the wait list for a long block from Ford. They’re back ordered and no idea when they’re going to have any available, allegedly. I’m going to wait it out for a couple weeks and if there’s no progress I might just have to build up the motor. Do any of you guys on here know what the lead time is right now for a long block?

Last edited: