Roush exhaust installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I have seen on the Roush website all their exhausts do exit under the rear bumper. I prefer that set up because it doesn't get all the crap on it that the tires throw up. Hated having to wash all the mud and crap from between the pipes.

Part number that I got is: 421248

I do have the 5 star tune and the AFE intake.... I want to stop on it all the time, just to hear that engine roar.

Installation was easy, required tools:
13, 15 and 18mm Deep well sockets
Sawzall or hack saw ( something to cut pipe to correct length).
If you have an impact gun it will make loosening and tightening the bolts go faster, but I used my 1/2" drive ratchet and a lot of elbow grease.

I used a bottle jack to lift the body of the truck a few inches to give me more clearance to remove factory exhaust. I put the jack under the tow hitch and that lifted the body just fine for me.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I am thinking about getting a cut out.....

When I had the factory exhaust off, I started the truck to hear what it would sound like, and it sounded even more badass, if I could drive around like that I would.

i highly recommend it! im dragging my feet a bit, but once i get a turndown on my DMH, ill probably be running it open all the time except on longer trips. and maybe during later night hours.... maybe.... hehehhe

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the exhaust is as good as I thought. Had the Roush exhaust on my GT500 and is was awesome. Already ordering the Roush and having it powdercoated black-- and my '13 Raptor is on order!!!

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm also considering the Roush exhaust before my Raptor arrives. Does everybody just have the catback exhaust or does anyone also have headers. And for those that have the Roush exhaust, do you think a tune like from 5-star and a CAI are worth it also?

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That got my attention also.

Yes..you reuse some of the factory piping. My suggestion is you leave the resonator in line to start and if you want more sound, then delete it...i had to weld it back in and much prefer the tone with it