Roush CAI on 2012 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap did I make a good decision...Roush exhaust and intake are amazing. Swapped out my Stainless Works catback for the Roush and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, the SW catback was great with a nice deep tone, but this Roush combo just takes it to the next level with absolutely no drone (the SW was pretty much drone-free as well)...it's loud in the back seat, but it is NOT drone. Drone is annoying and gives you a headache. This Roush is loud and puts a huge smile on your face!

OP
OP
Mississippi Raptor
Reaction score
Holy crap did I make a good decision...Roush exhaust and intake are amazing. Swapped out my Stainless Works catback for the Roush and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, the SW catback was great with a nice deep tone, but this Roush combo just takes it to the next level with absolutely no drone (the SW was pretty much drone-free as well)...it's loud in the back seat, but it is NOT drone. Drone is annoying and gives you a headache. This Roush is loud and puts a huge smile on your face!

Great to hear!!! The exhaust is coming as soon as I get a little extra cash.

ARRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ALSO HAVE THE ROUSH CAI AND CAT BACK. YES IT IS LOAD BUT IS NOT BAD AT HIWAY SPEED, ITS MOSTLY WHEN YOU ARE ACCELERATING. BUT I LOVE IT! I SOLD A 2010 SHELBY GT500 WITH FLOWMASTER ON IT. I LIKE THE SOUND OF MY RAPTOR BETTER. I DO MISS THE SC WHIN AND 200 MORE HP! BUT MY RAPTOR IS MUCH BETTER OFFROAD! :Grenade:

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can one just get the Rousg muffler? Already installed the MagnaFlow cat back, can I just swap out the muffler? Will it fit?

Thanks

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with the roush intake and cat back system. When you're on the highway doing 75mph and you grab 4th to pass, she opens up like a banshee taking the crew to 100mph (on a closed course, trained professional, no implied liability).

There is no doubt you're on the warpath, as most drives glance into their mirrors to brace for the inevitable pass and resultant wind blast-wave. Then when you let off, that calm and controled demeanor returns.

Both kits were well manufactured (as compared to stock) and packaged and the install+instructions are *******-proof.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, look at the filter installed on page one and then look at the filter that Roush shows on it web site and install video. It that the same filter? Reason I'm asking is that I just received a Roush CAI for the 6.2 from Stage 3 and recieved all parts seperate in a plain brown box. Filter is way smaller than what is shown in install instructions and on YouTube video. I'm pretty sure that I received the wrong filter. The correct one looks like it has an oblong shape, not just round.

Can someone comfirm the correct filter type?

I called Stage 3, but of course closed at this time. Be carefull.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[url=http://www.roushperformance.com/blog/2011/09/f-150-cold-air-intake-induction-kit-for-2011-2012-models/

Attachments

• RoushCAI.jpg
    RoushCAI.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 41

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F150-Cold-Air-Intake-Induction-Kit-for-the-62L-V8-Engine-2011-2012.html

Attachments

• hisroush.jpg
    hisroush.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 76
  • RoushCAI.jpg
    RoushCAI.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 51

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying to show the difference. See how the filter on the right is longer and angled. The picture on teh right is fron Roush's web site. Anybody have any thoughts on this?