Rotating tires... Anyone use a tire lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just lift enough so I can snatch the wheel onto the studs. Ya those wheels are heavy mofos.

When I was swapping wheels in the spring, I asked some Jehovah Witnesses that we’re passing my place to help me lol

I didn't think about how heavy they were until I went to toss them in the bed of my other truck to take them to the powder coater! I ended up using a 2X10 as a ramp and rolled the ******* up, before I blew my back apart.

Tomhorn

Reaction score
I use 2-3ton floor jacks with hockey pucks where i contact frame lift just enough so tire is off ground put jack stands for safety pull tire off when installing i use pinch bar uner tire to lift that small distance torque em up

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had surgery a couple of weeks ago and am not supposed to lift anything much for another month. I have a long road trip coming up in a week. And I'm already way overdue at 10k. So I went to Discount Tire, where I've been buying tires for forty years, expecting to pay a bit to have them do it. They did it for free. Works for me.
Did they ding up anything? A lot of posts on here claim discount tire mechanics are hard on wheels.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did they ding up anything? A lot of posts on here claim discount tire mechanics are hard on wheels.

I didn't look. I don't care. I didn't have tires dismounted and mounted, just a rotation, so if he dinged the rims he was really talented. The lug nuts did have marks on them, the horrors. Time to get polishing compound out ... not. :) The only time I detail my ride is when I'm about to sell it.