Rotating tires... Anyone use a tire lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This here is the shit for swapping big tires and wheels, especially if ya aren't as young as you used ta be....

ztc-4520_xl.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ztc-g4520

But several places carry them.

Not a bad setup, but noticed it tops out at 36” tires. I could find one that went bigger. One would think they would make a larger model.

I’m trying to envision how a larger diameter would cause an issue. It seems the way that jack functions is that the rollers move closer to each other using the diameter to raise the tire. I would think a bigger tire would just cause it to set higher at the lowest setting.

Perhaps you can only use it to install a > 36” tire if the vehicle is jacked up otherwise, as it may not open up wide enough to let the tire set flat??

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just rotated all my tires and practically threw out my back. Them are some heavy wheels. I saw some little hydraulic tire lifts on rollers to assist. Anyone have any experience using them and if positive ... any recommended ones?
I go to Discount tire, they rotate them for free and my back is good.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh for Pete's sake. You don't need to buy a special device to manipulate truck tires. Sometimes I have a little trouble aligning wheels up with the studs by hand. So all I do is park my butt on the ground, use my feet to lever the tire up off the ground, and align the holes in the wheel with the studs with both hands. It's easy. (Your legs carry you around all day and are much stronger than you think.) This method puts your eyeballs at stud level, so you have a perfect view to solve the alignment "problem." I am 66 years old (soon 67), I'm only 5'8", and weigh only 160 pounds, and when I occasionally can't get the alignment right by hand this method works first time every time.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use a wheel dolly. It works great. The model I chose is the Sunex 1500-pound Hydraulic Wheel Dolly. $134.99 on Amazon. I switch between wider 20x10 wheels and the factory beadlock when off-roading. Between those and A Dewalt cordless impact wrench, the swap goes pretty quick.

View attachment 160860

Can't wait to have a house again to buy this and spend thousands on other equipment. *exhales*

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Oh for Pete's sake. You don't need to buy a special device to manipulate truck tires. Sometimes I have a little trouble aligning wheels up with the studs by hand. So all I do is park my butt on the ground, use my feet to lever the tire up off the ground, and align the holes in the wheel with the studs with both hands. It's easy. (Your legs carry you around all day and are much stronger than you think.) This method puts your eyeballs at stud level, so you have a perfect view to solve the alignment "problem." I am 66 years old (soon 67), I'm only 5'8", and weigh only 160 pounds, and when I occasionally can't get the alignment right by hand this method works first time every time.
I hear you as it's how I used to do it but with both knees replaced I prefer using a tool which eliminates all knee stress.