Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 Rod Knock

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by weezy, Apr 23, 2018.

1. weezy

weezy Full Access Member

:happy107: Thanks boss

2. Crunchtime2k

Crunchtime2k Member

I am having the exact same issue with a 5/2018 built raptor, purchased used CPO at 32K miles, Dealer hears the noise but gave it back pending advice from fords tech hotline? Been a week and i have not heard anything, but it will probably grenade soon or out of warranty. Truck is stock. Changed all fluids after purchase in everything with top tier oils (redline), did not touch trans. Also found transfer case fluid dark purple/black with shiny silver slurry when draining. Dealer said they usually come out like that with the metallic slurry look.......i guess? All tcase modes work fine.

here is a video let me know what you think? Has your new shortblock held up perfectly?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qio1n7r9duphocs/2020-01-17 21.09.36.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqwerxewu3qpw20/2020-01-17 21.09.58.mov?dl=0

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  3. OPT PRIME

OPT PRIME Full Access Member

If you had rod knock you would know it at idle just barely blipping the throttle. My truck makes a similar noise when cold on acceleration and I am thinking it is the HP fuel pump or slop in the phasers. I will be sending off an oil sample to Blackstone shortly, if its rod knock the oil analysis will pick that up big time.

4. Crunchtime2k

Crunchtime2k Member

Problem solved, found out the cpo 2018 had undisclosed (hidden shady) crash damage repaired at same selling dealer unrelated to rod knock but worked with dealers owner and he took it back and wrote a check and made me whole , he was not happy at all but did the right thing. I went elsewhere today and bought a new 2020 leadfoot