Roadmaster Active Suspension - Gen.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Roadmater Active Suspension - Gen.2

Anybody tried this yet?

I plan to have local installer add to my truck later today...

Recommended part number for Gen 2 is: 3611 or 3611s
While the 2691 will work, the manufacturer indicated he highly recommends:

3611 (or 3611s) with 40 disc for Gen. 2 Raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the 3611s on my Gen 2 with Deaver +3s. The "s" means it comes with a short 1" extension to allow the front to mount underneath the leaf springs. The arch of the Deaver +3s caused the rear eye hook to be raised up slightly. After talking to Roadmaster, they said the pressure of the spring would hold them in place.

When I cranked them down to the recommended 2 mm of spacing, the back of my truck was sitting 2" higher. It settled to only 1" higher, but it was very stiff compared to the Deavers. Since I was planning to remove them after picking up a load of furniture, I was fine with the temporary differences.

Unfortunately, after an initial test drive, I drive over a moderate sized bump on the road and the driver side spring assembly popped off of the rear eye hook. With a loud BANG, the assembly got wedged between my leaf springs and my rear shock plastic surround, so I had to drive home with it dangling under my truck as shown in the picture below. I was able to remove it by lifting the truck back up and lowering the axle down to its maximum height.

IMG_0080.JPG

If you are not using the Deavers, they will work just fine. However, if you have Deavers or you are planning to add them in the future, you may want to consider another solution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the 3611s on my Gen 2 with Deaver +3s. The "s" means it comes with a short 1" extension to allow the front to mount underneath the leaf springs. The arch of the Deaver +3s caused the rear eye hook to be raised up slightly. After talking to Roadmaster, they said the pressure of the spring would hold them in place.

When I cranked them down to the recommended 2 mm of spacing, the back of my truck was sitting 2" higher. It settled to only 1" higher, but it was very stiff compared to the Deavers. Since I was planning to remove them after picking up a load of furniture, I was fine with the temporary differences.

Unfortunately, after an initial test drive, I drive over a moderate sized bump on the road and the driver side spring assembly popped off of the rear eye hook. With a loud BANG, the assembly got wedged between my leaf springs and my rear shock plastic surround, so I had to drive home with it dangling under my truck as shown in the picture below. I was able to remove it by lifting the truck back up and lowering the axle down to its maximum height.

View attachment 115380

If you are not using the Deavers, they will work just fine. However, if you have Deavers or you are planning to add them in the future, you may want to consider another solution.

Ouch!
I see the manufacturer website has been updated, likely based on issues of installing this product over modified springs.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, I had 'em installed at an authorized dealer Friday.

My initial impression is that the hop was eliminated immediately.

Crazy, but it feels slightly better in my mind.....on the 45 minute ride home.

More pics and comments later after I get more chance to play around.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the bright side, I went through and had these installed at an authorized dealer Friday.

My initial impression is that the hop was eliminated immediately.

Crazy, but it feels slightly better in my mind.....on the 45 minute ride home.

More pics and comments later after I get more chance to play around.

Do you have the factory rear leaf springs? If so, how much did they raise your truck?

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, I put 835 miles on 7500 lb enclosed race trailer.
The factory springs w/ Roadmaster Active Suspension handled it superbly!

On the negative side, averaged about 9.0 mpg for the trip.
Nearly $250 bucks just in gas today!
Took 14 hours....not looking forward to the return trip!

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I used the Blue Ox WDH.

The below pic was when I had standard hitch on to weigh the tongue weight before adding the WDH.

I'll take a few more pics of everything hooked up including the WDH.

k8CICZRZQ%6tA6Pssbm6JQ.jpg

Txsparky

Reaction score
how do you like the Roadmaster?
does it affect the ride when not towing?
Do you take it off when not towing?