Roadmaster Active Suspension - Gen.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with the RAS, how much did it raise the rear height?
I don't have the RAS, but from what I understand the amount of tension that it puts on the spring (acting as a helper spring) depends on how you tighten the RAS down, so that would affect the amount of lift (or, decreased amount of sag) that you'll experience.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have the RAS, but from what I understand the amount of tension that it puts on the spring (acting as a helper spring) depends on how you tighten the RAS down, so that would affect the amount of lift (or, decreased amount of sag) that you'll experience.

Is it adjustable once installed and wheels on/suspension weighted on the ground? Or to adjust would the truckbhave to be jackef up again/wheels off? Wondering if you can have it set just enough unloaded to help with axle hop but not change ride height much. Then when towing adjust it for more tension based on the towing load.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone with roadmaster have any updates on how they affect offroad driving, ride height and if adjustable tension while on the truck?

Wainwrcb

Reaction score
For those with the RAS, how much did it raise the rear height?

I used the black thickness gage, which is the 40% setting. It raised my back end by 2.5” over stock, which was perfect for my setup as the front with RPG collars was sitting an 1” higher than the rear. Now I have a subtle 0.5” rake.

13CBF542-B3F9-4C8D-AC12-6454750F0CDB.jpeg

55AEE1F0-0031-4CC7-ACDE-33AFFA8167B1.jpeg

8305B07E-CD2E-4E4C-B054-4A1942710B23.jpeg

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the black thickness gage, which is the 40% setting. It raised my back end by 2.5” over stock, which was perfect for my setup as the front with RPG collars was sitting an 1” higher than the rear. Now I have a subtle 0.5” rake.

View attachment 149785

View attachment 149786

View attachment 149787
How do you like the ride at the 40% setting? I was able to find some feedback from regular F150 owners on other forums, but doesn’t seem like too many Raptors are running the RAS. I’ve been eyeballing it as a cheaper alternative to the Deaver/Icon route to get a little extra height in the rear.

Wainwrcb

Reaction score
Just installed, went for an unloaded cruise yesterday evening and was quite impressed. A little smoother ride, less sway, and when you punch it at a stoplight it just goes with no fuss.
Stay tuned I’ll let you know how she rides with 6,000lbs (boat & trailer) behind her. I did briefly hook up the trailer last night to see how much it helped with sag. It only squatted about an 1.5”, a huge improvement from stock.

382CC034-456E-449A-87A5-20A13A44D8AA.jpeg

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed, went for an unloaded cruise yesterday evening and was quite impressed. A little smoother ride, less sway, and when you punch it at a stoplight it just goes with no fuss.
Stay tuned I’ll let you know how she rides with 6,000lbs (boat & trailer) behind her. I did briefly hook up the trailer last night to see how much it helped with sag. It only squatted about an 1.5”, a huge improvement from stock.
Any idea what the boat trailer tongue weight is? Just curious...

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 149856

Nice color scheme on the Glastron, very sharp!

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score

View attachment 149785

View attachment 149786

View attachment 149787

Any idea how much the 10% setting will raise the rear, also in case I missed it did you go with the Standard or Heavy duty??? They have both listed on their website. Im just looking at all my options for fighting axle wrap/wheel hop for the choppy roads we have all over NE Ohio.