RIP Unscheduled Clean MY21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it was bound to happen. Raptor order placed on 6/10 in the conceps system with a dealership with 10 allocations (2-37s, 8-35s). How does such an order not get pulled and completed by Ford. What is the point of a priority 10 if a sizable dealership can't get their order filled.

Next steps for Ford, are you taking care of the guys who waited patiently for nothing and now have to go to the back of the line for a MY22? Will we get a priority build? Will we get credit for the inevitable price increase? What about the Velocity Blue and Lead Foot Gray guys who are left to fend for themselves on a secondary color?

The lack of information, the haphazard way they've chosen to pull orders and not pull others is over the top. Why decide to change your ordering model in the middle of a pandemic? Great, go to a customer order model but how is that working out if your dealerships are still fleecing people.

This has been a fairly lame experience and I wish you all luck in waiting this out. This is the worse strip tease ever, the more we see the uglier it gets Ford.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had pretty much the same experience you described. I have a little bit of sympathy for Ford as my industry is experiencing a difficult time producing our product as well. The difference on our business is we quit accepting new sales and communicated with our current buyers. Ford definitely could have handled it better. I had my heart set on LFG so I opted to scour the internet to find an available truck. Ended up finding my exact truck, but for slightly more than the deal I had on my original order. I’m justifying it by thinking I’ll get more for my trade (2019 Raptor) now than I would next year. If I wasn’t set on LFG I probably would have rolled my order over to MY2022.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it was bound to happen. Raptor order placed on 6/10 in the conceps system with a dealership with 10 allocations (2-37s, 8-35s). How does such an order not get pulled and completed by Ford. What is the point of a priority 10 if a sizable dealership can't get their order filled.

Next steps for Ford, are you taking care of the guys who waited patiently for nothing and now have to go to the back of the line for a MY22? Will we get a priority build? Will we get credit for the inevitable price increase? What about the Velocity Blue and Lead Foot Gray guys who are left to fend for themselves on a secondary color?

The lack of information, the haphazard way they've chosen to pull orders and not pull others is over the top. Why decide to change your ordering model in the middle of a pandemic? Great, go to a customer order model but how is that working out if your dealerships are still fleecing people.

This has been a fairly lame experience and I wish you all luck in waiting this out. This is the worse strip tease ever, the more we see the uglier it gets Ford.
Your situation really sucks, and unfortunately we are seeing multiple people in the same boat.
could things habe been handled better….absolutely. I do feel for all Business durning these times, because the stuff going on is a unheard of.

Purely from my perspective:
Is it the general consensus that let’s say 90% of these issue are dealers fault? I’ve read all the other the other threads discussing this. Just really seems salesmen and dealer managers either lied about allocations or somehow didn’t know any better.

historically looking through articles and old posts Ford build what’s ordered, and if they can’t (like bronco) they get auto rolled into the new MY. With raptors they are finalizing out actual accepted allocations and builds. What’s left in the system are submitted orders that dealers put in Without any chance of getting built? And since Ford is not auto rolling 21 to 22 gives some credibility.

not kicking dirt in anyone’s face, because at the end of the day you ordered a truck and didn’t get it. I’d be furious. Just seems even with dealers people trust are pulling the wool over our eyes.

Hoping MY22 is better.

OP
OP
G-Train

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your situation really sucks, and unfortunately we are seeing multiple people in the same boat.
could things habe been handled better….absolutely. I do feel for all Business durning these times, because the stuff going on is a unheard of.

Purely from my perspective:
Is it the general consensus that let’s say 90% of these issue are dealers fault? I’ve read all the other the other threads discussing this. Just really seems salesmen and dealer managers either lied about allocations or somehow didn’t know any better.

historically looking through articles and old posts Ford build what’s ordered, and if they can’t (like bronco) they get auto rolled into the new MY. With raptors they are finalizing out actual accepted allocations and builds. What’s left in the system are submitted orders that dealers put in Without any chance of getting built? And since Ford is not auto rolling 21 to 22 gives some credibility.

not kicking dirt in anyone’s face, because at the end of the day you ordered a truck and didn’t get it. I’d be furious. Just seems even with dealers people trust are pulling the wool over our eyes.

Hoping MY22 is better.
We are left to explain the inexplicable. If a dealership does not have an allocation, that order should be rejected. If the zone rep tells the dealership the order should be in the next pull of F150s it means they had an allocation.

these are unusual times and the plants were forced to shutdown and starting back up is a bear. let’s assume that not all these dealerships were lying about allocations, Ford screwed up and they were all left with eggs on their faces.

Can’t imagine every dealership lied to their customers. S happens has to be part of the equation.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same here, LFG was a must for me.(Retired Navy) My order as well did not happen. I looked for a 20 in LFG and found one at the same dealership I had bought my current 18 F150 XLT from. It was fully loaded and mint. I bought it. I like the front end much better than the Gen3 but like everything else better on the Gen3. I was REALLY wanting the stereo upgrade. I'll be doing a full stereo swap on this one. It is going to sound amazing and pound when done. Next one will be a Gen3...or Gen4. Crazy when you have 80k+ for a Truck and can't even get one isn't it? Also refuse to pay higher than 2K ADM. Good Luck Man!
Raptor RS.jpg

OP
OP
G-Train

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, LFG was a must for me.(Retired Navy) My order as well did not happen. I looked for a 20 in LFG and found one at the same dealership I had bought my current 18 F150 XLT from. It was fully loaded and mint. I bought it. I like the front end much better than the Gen3 but like everything else better on the Gen3. I was REALLY wanting the stereo upgrade. I'll be doing a full stereo swap on this one. It is going to sound amazing and pound when done. Next one will be a Gen3...or Gen4. Crazy when you have 80k+ for a Truck and can't even get one isn't it? Also refuse to pay higher than 2K ADM. Good Luck Man!
View attachment 323642
Enjoy it man.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 323642
Looks good! If I didn’t already have a 2019 I might have gone this route.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are left to explain the inexplicable. If a dealership does not have an allocation, that order should be rejected. If the zone rep tells the dealership the order should be in the next pull of F150s it means they had an allocation.

these are unusual times and the plants were forced to shutdown and starting back up is a bear. let’s assume that not all these dealerships were lying about allocations, Ford screwed up and they were all left with eggs on their faces.

Can’t imagine every dealership lied to their customers. S happens has to be part of the equation.
Well said!
so much crap floating around in general. Zone reps could play a large role in how dealerships man be getting the false information

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well that sucks man. However, the point of a 'priority 10' is only reflected toward their orders with Ford. It's not like your priority 10 at dealer A beats priority 19 at dealer B. All goes by when the order was placed. I know you placed it day #1. Do you know how many Raptors your dealer actually got built? If your dealer put all their Raptor orders in as Priority 10 and you were the 11th guy to reserve one...well that would explain things. Regardless, it really sucks. Hopefully they will honor your timestamp like they said they were going to when your dealer re-orders for you.

OP
OP
G-Train

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks man. However, the point of a 'priority 10' is only reflected toward their orders with Ford. It's not like your priority 10 at dealer A beats priority 19 at dealer B. All goes by when the order was placed. I know you placed it day #1. Do you know how many Raptors your dealer actually got built? If your dealer put all their Raptor orders in as Priority 10 and you were the 11th guy to reserve one...well that would explain things. Regardless, it really sucks. Hopefully they will honor your timestamp like they said they were going to when your dealer re-orders for you.
At this point, it is all moot. I got nada. Sooo I will see how they do and work on plan B.