Rev Limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PalmaVirtuti

Reaction score
I run a lot in the dunes in Dubai in my 2013 Roush Raptor - climbing dunes you are generally riding right at the upper end of rev range - when hitting the "rev limiter", instead of the revs bouncing like I am used to in other vehicles, the Raptor momentarily cuts the power... Obviously not ideal when in the middle of a serious climb.

Is there anyway to adjust this such that the revs bounce rather than cutting power or any suggestions (please not sarcastic or stupid) around this?

mike.s

Reaction score
The rev limiter while driving is just under 6k. It's only around 3k when parked or in neutral. With a tune, you can get rid of that in most cases.

As far as the 6k limiter cutting power, I have experienced that a few times while WOT on pavement. Tuning may fix the problem. Or just back of the gas pedal slightly.

OP
OP
PalmaVirtuti

PalmaVirtuti

Reaction score
It's normally a fine line when going vertically up the soft sand here in Dubai between WOT and changing gear which might bog. I'm just not used to the power cutting and it's pretty off-putting, most of the other off-road vehicles here will bounce on the limiter for the few seconds it takes to get to the top of a climb.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Raptor cuts fuel as the limiter unlike most limiters that will remove spark.
It's our 16 spark plugs 8 dual coil packs, and the fact that the throttle body is control by the PCM reading thrust/torque from the transmission out put shaft.
All to complicated for my taste, this fly by wire stuff.

Don't think there's a fix for that, at least not that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PalmaVirtuti

PalmaVirtuti

Reaction score
That may be an idea, will have to see if there is anybody in Dubai who could do that.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

There are a few tuners for the standard Raptor I see online that have pre-defined setups for raptor - any idea if these would be suitable for the Roush? I don't quite know enough about tuning to want to go in and customize too much with confidence...

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may be an idea, will have to see if there is anybody in Dubai who could do that.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

There are a few tuners for the standard Raptor I see online that have pre-defined setups for raptor - any idea if these would be suitable for the Roush? I don't quite know enough about tuning to want to go in and customize too much with confidence...

Your going to need a custom tune if you have a Roush set up. You can get a tuner sent to you and have a custom tune downloaded on it. It can raise the rev limiter and install a performance tune. it really wakes the truck up. I have a 2014 Roush and after I tuned it more aggressive than it was when I bought it stock I will never change it back.