Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just got back from my dealership and they couldn't do it or didn't know how to.
I'll be taking it to another dealer but I might run into a problem cause I've been told that the BCM's are different on the 2010 Raptors compared to the later models.
So basically 2010 Raptors might be screwed, but I won't give up.

I thought this quote from the SB implies the 2010 trucks already had the feature turned of...

Incomplete Vehicles Built After 5-10-10 Incomplete vehicles built after 5-10-10 are configured with " Rear Lamp Outage Turned OFF " therefore do not require a BCM reconfiguration to accommodate rear turn lamp LED lighting.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, update for you guys.
I will NOT be figuring out how to control hyper flash anymore with load resistors or what not.
There is one fix and the BEST fix that can be done for this. Basically you take your truck into FORD and have them delete the code from the BCM that tells your trucks lights to flash fast.
I've had 2 customers to date do this and they no longer have the problem of the dreaded hyper flash plus they are not running load resistors.
ALL GONE!

Basically print this out and take it to your Ford dealer and tell them you want it done to your truck. Cost is roughly $100

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-158R3.pdf

My truck is in the shop as I type getting this done.

Took mine to the dealer to get this done. It took all of about 2 minutes.

Now, the problem that I'm having is that the passenger side blinks normally, and so far seems to be working fine.

The driver side will blink normally for awhile then suddenly start fast flashing again.

The weird thing is that it seems to blink normally for however long I want it during the mornings, going to work. In the afternoons, I can start the truck up and try the blinker and flashes fast immediately. I'm really starting to think that it is something temperature dependent because it's still cool in the mornings here and it's warm in the afternoons.

I'm going to replace all the LED bulbs on my driver side just to make sure I don't have a short or something somewhere.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would agree with the Ambient temp thing. Mine would periodically hyper flash last fall but once winter came they worked normally all winter and just started. Only on one side though. Never any issues on the passenger side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer to get this done. It took all of about 2 minutes.

Now, the problem that I'm having is that the passenger side blinks normally, and so far seems to be working fine.

The driver side will blink normally for awhile then suddenly start fast flashing again.

The weird thing is that it seems to blink normally for however long I want it during the mornings, going to work. In the afternoons, I can start the truck up and try the blinker and flashes fast immediately. I'm really starting to think that it is something temperature dependent because it's still cool in the mornings here and it's warm in the afternoons.

I'm going to replace all the LED bulbs on my driver side just to make sure I don't have a short or something somewhere.

That is very strange. All the guys that I've talked to say that theirs works fine.
Hmmm what is different I wonder.
Did the dealer tell you exactly what they did?
My dealer is clueless and wasn't able to do mine.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still think the tube type oNes for the outside would look good. And use the good ones for the break it's self. At least mock one up for me.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
lol you guys are killing me.
I've been sporting a set of my retro-fitted tails for the past month now.
They will be on my truck when I come out to meet you Joe this week.
I have hyper flash but I could care less right now cause they look good.lol