Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I do too, but I might redesign the mounting of the led's inside and see if I want to start selling these.
They're just a lot of work to build.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dibs on mine then sell the rest at a marked up price lol, supply and demand. You don't want to do them so few means one of a kind price.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Dibs on mine then sell the rest at a marked up price lol, supply and demand. You don't want to do them so few means one of a kind price.

hahaha I might do a couple here and there, they're just a pain in the ass to build but if I do make a couple the hyper flash mod has to be done to remove it by the dealer.
No hyper flash fix on these, mine hyper flash like crazy and I don't care cause I like them. :crazy:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
lol Garage is only 2/3 insulated, I'm going to freeze my ass off...AGAIN!
Getting pulled in too many directions but it's still on the drawing board, somewhat.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call this guy Jack Peterson Advanced Insulation Solutions
Ok it might be a bit to far from Brookings SD but I did my crawl space with icynene (spray fome) love it worth every penny. 605-695-1522

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question - I am looking to replace my backup bulbs and my cargo light with an LED bulb has an over all length of 1.75". Will it fit?

On a side note I replace my license plate buld with a Phillips LED bulb from wallmart and thus far no issues. The reason I went with the bulb is that I had one burned out and I wanted to switch to a whiter color temp but did not want it to be much brighter. I did not see the need to over light the license plate nor do I want to. Love the color an not to bright. I noticed when changing the bulds that on the burned bulb/connector had signs of water. So when I installed the LED' bulbs I added some dielectric silicone to the socket. I hope this keeps it from happening again.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Quick question - I am looking to replace my backup bulbs and my cargo light with an LED bulb has an over all length of 1.75". Will it fit?

On a side note I replace my license plate buld with a Phillips LED bulb from wallmart and thus far no issues. The reason I went with the bulb is that I had one burned out and I wanted to switch to a whiter color temp but did not want it to be much brighter. I did not see the need to over light the license plate nor do I want to. Love the color an not to bright. I noticed when changing the bulds that on the burned bulb/connector had signs of water. So when I installed the LED' bulbs I added some dielectric silicone to the socket. I hope this keeps it from happening again.

Do they look like the ones in this pic?
These are mine and I think they're about that length.

20140522_193601_zpsf3f768e2.jpg