Remove Dash Top Speaker cover / Tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the 2011 Super Crew, on the top of center of the dash is what looks like a center speaker cover / tray for your sunglasses or other crap. Right now it is just another spot for me to clean the dirt and dust off.

So I want to use it for some other goodies. and I want to take it out to see what is under there.

I assume it is just held in with some snap clips, or hopefully A clips that are mounted to a structure underneath.

Any one know how to take it out, or have an exploded part view / removal instruction?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey sorry this won't help your problem but aren't you from the CHO?

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey sorry this won't help your problem but aren't you from the CHO?

Yes I am, good catch!

Yeah went down to the dealer at lunch, got an exploded view from the Parts Guys. Looks like there is a rubber mat that comes off, then one bolt, and pull. Looks like there are retaining clips that hold it on.

Should make a perfect mount for a CB, and it will the same set up as my 3, so I won't really need to fumble around with it too much.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, the 3 is down for repairs right now. Need to replace both of the front hub / wheel bearings. i have the Pass side all disassembled and the driver side is being difficult. If I had a pickle fork, could have done it 1/2 day including having a shop press out and in the bearings.... 5 month old at home and work is not letting me finish.

This weekend I have a fall color tour, so with the 3 down, I am taking the Raptor. Just need to put a CB in. Which will take 1000% less time than trying to get the hubs back in the 3 and putting 800 miles on it without giving it a good test drive first.