Rear spring bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gumby

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you @Gen1TillDeath after a bunch of searching and reading they are stock springs. I am going to get some new bolts and do as you said get it all apart check every thing. with a new set being 1,600 without hardware. I will try the cheep rout first. Just do the bolts. I haven't even made the first payment on the truck yet LOL and hasn't been the only problem.

This problem reared its ugly head when I connected the boat (3500 LBS) and towed it about 1.5 miles to home to do some work on it. The boat went back with rusty and trusty (2002 f250 7.3) I guess I will try to get the raptor lined out this week try again next weekend. Thank You to all for your input.

OP
OP
Gumby

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@roush_14 Just curious do you have a set of deavers on your truck. if so witch ones? stock, one inch,2 inch? Did you install them? Most of all do you like them? What don't you like about them?

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO deavers are a must! So many guys have them. They just give the rear a very well deserved progressive feel when the rear suspension compresses. Also it pretty much eliminates the rear end from bouncing and skipping/shuttering while turning and going over bumps.

Last edited:

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@roush_14 Just curious do you have a set of deavers on your truck. if so witch ones? stock, one inch,2 inch? Did you install them? Most of all do you like them? What don't you like about them?
Yes I do have a set of +3 , which raise the back 1 inch from stock. I feel they work well. I also tow a #7500 boat and trailer and the back does not sag like a stock raptor I used in the past.