Rear Seatbelts Not Extending...Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got in the back seat and noticed the passenger (and driver) side inflateable seatbelts won't extend, specifically the lower belts. I removed the seat months ago for an audio install, but I don't see how that would affect the seatbelts.

The lower retractors feel locked and there's pull tabs on the belt preventing me from feeding the belt back into the retractor to unlock it. Please tell me this can be fixed w/o a trip to the dealer.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that. It was just hung up on a plastic piece where it retracted into. It came completely loose. I had to put it back together. Also noticed that parts from the factory were not fit together properly and tightened either! How much do those autoworker union folks get paid????

OP
OP
Gibsonm21

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to this situation; after Ford swapped the wrong seatbelts (front, not back) and a 6 month wait on new belts, I finally can drive around w/ passengers (other than kids) in the back seat. Crew cab 2-seater FTW.

I'm surprised I've not seen this issue come up more. The cover plate seems to cause the belt to kink or twist while retracting causing the lower retractor to lock up.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update to this situation; after Ford swapped the wrong seatbelts (front, not back) and a 6 month wait on new belts, I finally can drive around w/ passengers (other than kids) in the back seat. Crew cab 2-seater FTW.

I'm surprised I've not seen this issue come up more. The cover plate seems to cause the belt to kink or twist while retracting causing the lower retractor to lock up.
That's insane. Glad you can safely carry passengers now.