Rear leaf upgrade ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCBen

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are new and/or bump stop kits required if you go with Deaver for example? Thanks

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent you a text. I have icon's installed and used their bump stop spacer with the factory bump

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% needed unless you offroad hard. I installed icons and rpg bumps and did some moderate off roading and used half the fox bump stop with 85lb of psi in them . Heard of guys smashing the oem bumps and messing that part of the frame up with the spacer. spending the extra 2g is a bit but will save your rear end greatly having them and your back.

If I was you I would purchase a bump kit as well

OP
OP
NCBen

NCBen

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. probably wont be offroading "hard" and probably go with the +2 equivalent on the spring options. Will look into the kits but fk me they are expensive ish.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are new and/or bump stop kits required if you go with Deaver for example? Thanks

Leaf spring upgrades and bump stop upgrades are two completely different things. One does not necessitate the other.
Based on your question I'd suggest contacting Deaver or Icon directly and speak to their tech about what you are trying to accomplish. Take their guidance over people on this forum.

OP
OP
NCBen

NCBen

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
understood yes the ask fundamentally does swapping out springs with add the necessity of a revised bump stop situation. Or can brackets be flipped around etc etc and use the stock bump stomps. it is also understood that the stock ones even with stock springs are suspect for HEAVY offroading aka send its.