rear caged suspension trough bed question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, hey i m just thinking to buy a raptor but, i m thinking to send it to hdhq for a suspension mod.
i have seen pre runners with the suspension trough bed.

as the raptor for dan @ HDHQ

my question is
what is the different between the normal rear suspension as the raptor has vs the caged suspension trough bed. i love how does it loooks
need some advise
by the way how do you call that suspension mod?

Attachments

• rap2.jpg
    rap2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 104

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replied to this question in the other thread you posted in but the mod is called a "bed cage". I have one. It allows you to run a longer shock and yield more travel.

DSC00744.jpg

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replied to this question in the other thread you posted in but the mod is called a "bed cage". I have one. It allows you to run a longer shock and yield more travel.

What are you cycling in the rear out of curiosity? I reallllllly want more travel in the rear but want to keep as much bed space as possible, but then again I don't want to spend $10K for a cantilever setup.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the 16" - 17" range. A sprung under Deaver pack would probably increase it a little more. Any more travel, you would probably want to start thinking about other driveshaft options.

With my setup, the bed is still very functional. The tiregate I had impeded more on the bed than my cage.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the 16" - 17" range. A sprung under Deaver pack would probably increase it a little more. Any more travel, you would probably want to start thinking about other driveshaft options.

With my setup, the bed is still very functional. The tiregate I had impeded more on the bed than my cage.

Just got off the phone with John. Think I may be making a trip down that way in the next month or two. Quick question - would one of your shops be able to paint fenders if I had John install?

As for the rear end, I would love to go with a sprung under deaver setup. Was there a reason you didn't go that route?

Now that I take a second look at your bed, it does look like its still very functional. All I want to be able to do is throw a snowmobile in the back and I think that I just might be able to do that with a properly designed bed cage. Hmmmm...it might be a more expensive trip south than I thought!

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right on. John is the guy to see for bed cages. Deaver was still in the R&D phase on the Raptor specific sprung unders when I upgraded the rear end. I would happily paint anything on the truck for you. Fenders, bed cage, you name it!

The bed is really still usable. Last weekend I hauled 100 square feet of stackstone. The pallett sat perfectly in between the bumpstops. Hauled a receptionist counter to our Anaheim Hills store yesterday. Building a low-pro bed cage won't take over your bed as most would think.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt,
Come on Down to So Cal. Nice weather :)

I have something for you in storage :)

Don't want to Thread Jump But if you need help down in South OC i have a guy that can do your Fenders at the same time he does mine.

What Wheels did you decide?

Tell me your Plan in PM and i think i can help you with everything.

Just got off the phone with John. Think I may be making a trip down that way in the next month or two. Quick question - would one of your shops be able to paint fenders if I had John install?

As for the rear end, I would love to go with a sprung under deaver setup. Was there a reason you didn't go that route?

Now that I take a second look at your bed, it does look like its still very functional. All I want to be able to do is throw a snowmobile in the back and I think that I just might be able to do that with a properly designed bed cage. Hmmmm...it might be a more expensive trip south than I thought!

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt,
Come on Down to So Cal. Nice weather :)

I have something for you in storage :)

Don't want to Thread Jump But if you need help down in South OC i have a guy that can do your Fenders at the same time he does mine.

What Wheels did you decide?

Tell me your Plan in PM and i think i can help you with everything.

Will definitely PM you! Half of my initial reason for coming down was to pick up what you have for me! :) And then I just scored a bumper yesterday that is down there so that was the other half of my initial reason. But now that I am making the trip, I figure I might as well take advantage and get some other things done!

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a $15k quote on suspension with bed cage bump stop long travel front suspension racing seats and some other mods. With minor engine mods exhaust air filter and chip