Rear cab mounts broke?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am not sure what to call them. I was under my truck just checking things out and noticed that both of these have broken pins. The driver side is barely on with only one pin and the passenger side is broke too holding with only 2 pins. It looks like it goes in and twist to lock.

It looks like it is spring loaded and cushions the cab rear from the frame? I have a SCREW.

The part number shown on it is AL34-5D008-AB but can't find anything about it.

What is its purposes?, how do they break?, if they do break off, what happens? How much do they cost? And is this a warranty issue or is it abuse?

Driver side:
60927be0a23f176806cdb04d0672a799.jpg

Showing that I can push up on it and looks like a pin broke.
59bee9ac6408428cb8f3498cb4539519.jpg

Passenger side:
02d5510c8fee6b801171835f2526ac2e.jpg

Part # on bottom (even though the last letter looks like an E, its an B):
512ee60df2fdd6111b4c101b49af3eea.jpg

13terrainraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are your rear bump stops. They break from jumping or over loading your truck with weight and hitting a bump. If they break off or fall off, your rear differential housing will smack your frame when it travels all the way up. I would up grade to an after market rather than buying a stock one.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I think they are some type of vibration dampers or something?

And **** @13terrianraptor, you are funny as hell. This is up by the end of the front of the leaf spring mounts, directly under the rear of the cab. Bump stops are directly above the rear axle. And as Bulletnjm stated, I've removed those worthless factory bump stops and have an RPG bumpstop stage 2 with WSI HD leafs.

13terrainraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really didn't even look close. I was thinking to my self, wow this guy does not know bump stops and then I looked at the pics closer. Sorry on my phone.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Gonna have to change my name to Bump Stop.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I really didn't even look close. I was thinking to my self, wow this guy does not know bump stops and then I looked at the pics closer. Sorry on my phone.

No problem, no biggie. You posted the correction before I finished my post. I am curious, how I broke both of them though....

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

They are not your rear bump stops. That are a damper for the body mounts to reduce NVH.

Thanks, that seems to be what I am finding now. Not much out there on it with Google. Guess I can bring it to the dealer and see if they will do it under warranty or what they will charge me. I have to assume they break if you off-road but figured with the Raptor, these break often for others?