Really need to install a Nav system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Reaction score
DONE!

Finally took most of the day but I was not in a rush and the first time takes long...
Took console cover off and then tried to remove radio bezel but hard unless you remove drivers side vent bezel just the top allowing me to move the bezel out of the way then was able to remove but I found later that to make adjustments on radio position it was easier to remove passenger side airbag then loosen right side vent bezel and move it away when necessary which made it alot nicer to fit radio and radio bezel in. I didn't loosen center console and move back like some suggest but dropped 3 screws down there, gone.. found some new ones spent about an hour trying to fish out the screws, should have removed console then.My buddy helped me with the wiring and not that bad just one module after another.
I then did a test run to make sure it worked then tidied all the wiring up and shoved her in there. Ran mike wire and GPS through USB and video wires inside the glove box. My buddy called me while I was listen to radio and the Unit shut off and the Sync took over so I assume it was the Sync mike that was picking up from.
Otherwise was not that bad once it's done, steering control module worked great and video and GPS adjustments can be done while moving.
Trying to figure out the back up camera the stock one works fine in mirror but the Alpine unit turns on a blank screen not sure if I can make the video work on the Alpine Unit instead of mirror.
Special Thanks to NOSBUSA for his help he answered my questions right away..

Attachments

• remove console.JPG
    remove console.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 109
  • dashbezel.jpg
    dashbezel.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 76
  • radio removed.jpg
    radio removed.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 117
  • radioon.jpg
    radioon.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 104
  • radiodone.jpg
    radiodone.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a problem..... i do this for a living.....glad to help.

as far as the backup camera goes, i think you might need a module, or some rewiring. but the rewiring takes a bit of time and electrical knowledge. i will check tomorrow and see what is available for the truck

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing the same install this week. I am painting the radio bezel to match the blue accent trim. Isn't the wiring that comes with the alpine kit plug and play? Is the PAC piece already programmed for the alpine bypass? Any help greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Reaction score
There are four modules in there somewhere. Looks like a nightmare but once cleaned up and tied some harnesses together and wasn't so bad.

Attachments

• radio in.jpg
    radio in.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 100

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job.... Looks absolutely cool. This might be in a days work for you guys, but after seeing the birds nest laying on the shifter there is no way that the install was anything but magic to me. :hail::hail:

Now It is my turn... To find a unit and an installer.

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Reaction score
Inside, I took the dash center speaker out looking for a location then my buddy showed up and he found a small panel on the right side windshield at the defroster vent that popped out, he found a bracket and sat the antenna on top of that then put the cover back on. Works fine and I don't see it.