Really need to install a Nav system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derrick

Reaction score
I am very pleased with the OEM Sony system but I really want a NAV system. Reading posts it looks like a OEM install is out of the question, so can I tap the brain power from you guys on what options I have?

What can I get for around $1000.00 - $ 1500.00
I want to start with a NAV first then upgrade speakers as I go.
I want all Sync and steering wheels controls.
NO wire hacking just plug and play. Does the face or dash panel come with the system?
I will do the install myself.

So let me know what the latest tech stuff out there is, looked at Kenwood, Alpine. What are some other considerations I need to make?

Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are going to be looking at the higher end of $1500 once all is said and done

a good nav will costover $1000 dash kit, wire harness, and sync interface. plus you have to integrate the factory sound system. best to do it all at once. it saves from having to pull the truck apart more than once.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOS

What do you think it would cost "turn key" for the new 8" Alpine or a Pioneer unit fully integrated with sync ?

Hope I am not putting you on the spot? Just looking at rough figures to tell my wife as she saw the Cructhfield mag with some notes

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me find out tomorrow. i will call my metra, pac, and peripheral reps and see what they have to say. i will post back here when i get more info

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just talked to metra, they have a part that will work for 11 and 12 raptors. that part is here

Metra Online

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

sorry, correction..... any 07 or newer ford with sync including ALL raptors....... at least thats what they tell me

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I still don't know which route to go but at least I am down to pioneer vs New Alpine. I guess it will come down to $

Do you guys have any recomendations for near Richmond Va to help with the install?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, im in ca, dont know anyone out there.

pioneer will be cheaper, and in my opinion has a much easier to use nav

unless you are talking about th z140bh. retail is $1500. same as alpine. but you will need the alpine fit kit, which is expensive as hell. nav bypass is more too because you need another part.