Re-arching Deaver Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 4 trips to Baja and numerous off-road adventures, I feel like my +3SD Deavers are sagging. Has anyone had their Deavers re-arched. If so, were you pleased with the results and how much did it cost? Trying to decide on this route or going with Deavers +3HD. I carry a second spare, a jack and a large box that probably adds 300 lbs to the back. Not Otto mention 12v coolers and battery pack in the cab.

Reaction score
The only way I would consider rearching would be to have them hot arched and re-heat-treated. I would err on the side of purchasing new HD versions because you will need new components for the springs anyway after the rearching. Your +3's are the L84s correct? The L84HD's sound like they are better suited to your gear loadout.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have deavers, but i had my springs re arched. plus had a leaf added. i have a 13 leaf pack now. it was $400 for both sets to be re arched and leaf added. i also asked them for a 2in llift to accomodate for the 600lbs in my bed. this was 4 years ago. still going good today. to out in perspective, i had deavers and in 2 months, were done for.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont have deavers, but i had my springs re arched. plus had a leaf added. i have a 13 leaf pack now. it was $400 for both sets to be re arched and leaf added. i also asked them for a 2in llift to accomodate for the 600lbs in my bed. this was 4 years ago. still going good today. to out in perspective, i had deavers and in 2 months, were done for.
Which springs did you have rearched? Who did the work?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which springs did you have rearched? Who did the work?
there used to be a vendor here wsi. jimmy had springs for sale for a few years. i dont think he is around here anymore. i had a local shop re arch and add a leaf so i didnt ship them out. there are shops all over the place who will re arch and add a leaf. i dropped them off and 2 days later i picked them up. they were about 30 min from our shop so it wasnt far.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
totally agree with car stereo, rearch and add a leaf, leaf spring shops are everywhere and this is easily done for 1/2 the new deaver cost