RCV axles ---- BIG PROBLEM ----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just broke my 2nd CV axle boots on top perch on a ******* highway !!!!!! Was driving 250km distance and saw smoke coming out... Moments later grinding noise from beneath , knew it was the axle LH (driver side)

This happened to me twice in less than a month now :(

Im serioulsy upset running on top perch .. I dont know what to do , i have deaver +3 and rear end is really high , i cant go back to low perch , im so frustrated about the stupid axles , i feel its the weakest link in the car and its not made out of good quality

Tried RCV and all the bad luck followed ..

Any suggestions ?

My trucks sits pretty close to level with deavers +3 and mid perch. It is level when i have my gear in the bed as well. Just go to mid perch. I've had no cv problems. The truck will perform better anyway. If you're trying to fit 37's just get some boetec fenders.

Last edited:

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then your axles should not be rotating.

I agree unless you have a vacuum problem and your front hubs are engaging. Then the axle will turn but not be in 4 wheel drive.
Put a vacuum gage on your front hubs and see if you have a leak. If you have a leak the hubs default into engaging.

Why not drop it to mid perch and see what happens once you get the hubs and axles situation fixed.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree unless you have a vacuum problem and your front hubs are engaging. Then the axle will turn but not be in 4 wheel drive.
Put a vacuum gage on your front hubs and see if you have a leak. If you have a leak the hubs default into engaging.

Why not drop it to mid perch and see what happens once you get the hubs and axles situation fixed.

You don't even need the vacuum gauge. Just jack it up, turn the engine on and rotate the tires. If the axles turn the iwe is not working.

What a nightmare sorry oman

OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys , really helpful , will keep u posted of the outcome

Probably will do mid perch and see how it goes