Rausch Creek Baja Course; trying to put together a group.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow that sucks! what were the damages to the other raptors?

1. A cracked rim and bent lower control arm
2. Busted front bumper
3.I think Rapturr 's truck lost a tooth.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Here is a quick unedited video:

Rausch Creek Baja Course - YouTube

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys for making the trip!!!! Plan is to create a great spot for Raptors to play and hopefully do a 2 day event in the summer with sponsors ect with a couple smaller outings before that. RC is going to be working on the tracks to smooth everything out along with setting up the lay out we want to try next which should be in about a month. I will let everyone know when they are ready for us.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was a straight away that claimed 2 trucks, (mine one of them) Basically ruts were really bad and pushed the truck to the left. Since we were carrying speed my reaction was to brake a little and not to give it gas as i didn't want to have any oversteer and spin the truck. What i ended up happening was a bit of understeer with the wheel turned to the right. Hit a boulder with the right front wheel and cracked the rim. Once I got back to the top of the course (I knew something broke, but still went for it!!!) Dave changed the wheel and we thought we were all set. Once we started to move we heard rubbing on the front wheel well. Seems that when I hit it was so hard that the front assemble pushed back so far that it moved the front fender. Looks like the tabs for the lower control arm are bent too. It was the general consensus that had I not had the RPG tie rods and UCA's I would have had to tow the truck home.

Rausch Creek was a blast and I'll definitely be back, this time more prepared though. A rack is necessary, you need to have your spare up top as well as a proper jack and some tools. Dave saved the day for me. Next time I'll be more prepared and pay it forward.

Screen shot 2013-02-25 at 7.25.33 AM.jpg

jimmyazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had alot of fun for the short time I was there. I would be interested in doing it again but I think we should clear some rocks and stumps out of the way :eek: haha I guess it's time to upgrade my bumper

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those on the fence, the Icon set for the Raptor is killer. Night and day difference. Riding in my stock Raptor felt like riding in a non-Raptor after taking a ride in Dave's truck (RPG prerunner UCAs/ICONS/RPG bumpstops/nationals). Dave was by far the fastest out there, of the trucks still in operation.

I'm sold.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those on the fence, the Icon set for the Raptor is killer. Night and day difference. Riding in my stock Raptor felt like riding in a non-Raptor after taking a ride in Dave's truck (RPG prerunner UCAs/ICONS/RPG bumpstops/nationals). Dave was by far the fastest out there, of the trucks still in operation.

I'm sold.

I'm with you, I'll probably upgrade to the Icons as well.