RaptorFinder website change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pay $5 for my VIN that I custom ordered through the dealer. His site didn't help me find anything, so why would I pay $25 to unlock 25 VINs? Not everyone buys from dealer stock. :flipthebird:

So you have no idea how his tool worked before you decided to crap on his tool, got it

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you have no idea how his tool worked before you decided to crap on his tool, got it

I know exactly how it worked. The problem is you are way too presumptuous (big word, I know). I ordered from my local dealer that we already had a good relationship with from purchasing my wife's Explorer Sport. It's not as though I used the website to find a dealer.

Try not to be so ignorant.

Last edited:

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I want to thank you for helping me get my truck. I would not have had it since early MAY and also at MSRP without your site. I got the exact truck I wanted. Too bad a few bad apples had to ruin it for the rest of the guys. I guess no kind deed goes unpunished. Dont look back, It was awsome, that you able to create way to beat the greedy dealers. Also I understand how much effort that must of took to create your site. I just wonder how many guys took advantage of the site saved 10s of thousands of dollars and never bothered to kick this guy down $100.00 or so. Pretty freaking Lame.

Last edited:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well then. Seems I've stirred the proverbial pot. So to clarify a few points that are reasonable feedback:

1. For those asking for a $1 option, if you already have an order in and you have your VIN you do not need my site. You can view your window sticker at www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=XXXX and your build info at https://www.etis.ford.com. If you didn't know this it's because you didn't read the stickies on this forum. Please don't blame my site.

2. For those asking for an unlimited option I couldn't really think of a way to do that. One person would buy it and then give it out to everyone.

3. For those saying it's too much money because of the number of VINs I can see the issue. Personally, I feel like I looked at a ton and it wasn't even close to 100. I could have made it 100 unlocks for $25, but then I get into the problem of people sharing their credits. Tough one.

Lastly, I made this site to help people, not make money. But when there are more people on this site claiming to have found a Raptor using my site than I have actual donations it sort of makes it not feel worth it anymore given the amount of tweaking and maintenance it's required. But keeping it going helped put power in the buyers hands because they could find the exact truck they wanted anywhere in the country and have some negotiating power. Making it a pay site felt like a fair trade to not only helping an individual save thousands, but also potentially help put pressure on dealers in general.

In the end this just isn't worth it. I didn't really want to add the support for 2018's, but after stopping last time and a few good people throwing some appreciation my way I decided to give it another go. But if there's this much complaining and moral outrage in the community I see no reason to continue going. I'm shutting it down for good and refunded all the people who recently "purchased" credits. If I missed yours and you didn't get a refund send me a PM. Appreciate all the people who have donated in the past and shown appreciation -- hopefully was able to help a few of you.

More than a few appreciate what you have done. Look at all your feedback here and turn it into a positive.

You have a venue for helping people and it's good. So make sure that is really what you want to do. The negative feedback, to a point, helps you in regards towards tweaking your site for a better customer experience.

Maybe an unlimited option that expires across the board in let's say a few calendar days for a fee? That would limit the sharing to that set number of days.

Ask for feedback here, the community could help in many many ways. You can put suggestions to a vote here. I'm sure most would vote your site useful. Your site was spawn here for contempt of many a Ford dealership's search shortcomings, admin, etc.

Either way good luck.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go....no more bitching about having to pay.....site is gone....fairly certain a lot of people will be wishing they could pay to use it....and the ones that ******* and caused it to be shut down ruined it for everyone else....

Must be a bunch of Bernie supporters on this board. Think everything should be handed to them for Free. :flipthebird:

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More than a few appreciate what you have done. Look at all your feedback here and turn it into a positive.

You have a venue for helping people and it's good. So make sure that is really what you want to do. The negative feedback, to a point, helps you in regards towards tweaking your site for a better customer experience.

Maybe an unlimited option that expires across the board in let's say a few calendar days for a fee? That would limit the sharing to that set number of days.

Ask for feedback here, the community could help in many many ways. You can put suggestions to a vote here. I'm sure most would vote your site useful. Your site was spawn here for contempt of many a Ford dealership's search shortcomings, admin, etc.

Either way good luck.

Agreed.
In the internet world, nothing gets 100% positive feedback...in FRF world more than 50% is a smoking success....

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There you go....no more bitching about having to pay.....site is gone....fairly certain a lot of people will be wishing they could pay to use it....and the ones that ******* and caused it to be shut down ruined it for everyone else....

The bitching didn't ruin it, if you read photoneffect's posts, it took effort to operate and the trivial donations he received didn't make it worth maintaining. End of story. If anyone ruined it, it was the people who foud a truck through raptorfinder and didn't throw a few dollars of gratitude his way.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bitching didn't ruin it, if you read photoneffect's posts, it took effort to operate and the trivial donations he received didn't make it worth maintaining. End of story. If anyone ruined it, it was the people who foud a truck through raptorfinder and didn't throw a few dollars of gratitude his way.

Ding Ding! We have a winner! :smile: