RAPTOR VS. W-I-M (Weight In Motion)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed in my travels these days, every time, without fail, I go across the W-I-M (Weight In Motion) strip across the right hand lanes on the interstates the RAP gets told to pull into the scales by those big flashing lights that say "TRUCK PULL INTO SCALES". I keep waiting for a DOT or State Trooper to come out of the scale and pull me over for some potential revenue. I didn’t get the same result with my F-250 that sat on 335/60R20’s, carried an L tank, tools and whatnot unless I was pulling an equipment trailer, and then I was always over gross weight. WTF? Now I remember I saw a show on one of them smart channels, like Discovery or something, about how 'Hi-Tech' truck scales had gotten. Can someone shed some light or why the RAPTOR can’t make it through without getting flagged over? (I haven't pulled into the scales yet to ask).:nana:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Times and the administration have changed. This one wants every opportunity to collect revenue they can. They probably changed their policy and their settings on the sensor to tell every truck over a certain weight to come in and (possibly) pay for using the highways.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it. I mean, there are much larger and heavier 3/4 and 1 ton trucks on the road and they don't have to stop.

OP
OP
OUTCAST

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it. I mean, there are much larger and heavier 3/4 and 1 ton trucks on the road and they don't have to stop.

Yeah, I know. I had one, and I know mine was heavy, Thats why this is weird. I didn't set the lights off before. I've gone over five different scales strips locations and they all do the same thing.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is, but my F-250 was a big SOB w/off set Pro Comp wheels and 335/60R20’s, was pretty wide and heavy.
112.jpg
120.jpg

Yea thats what I was thinking, I mean Raptor isn't going to have a wider track width that a truck like that. Maybe but not by more than a couple of inches.