Raptor vs Track Hawk depreciation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I love my Raptor I keep day dreaming about the Jeep Track Hawk as well. I mentioned it to my buddy who thinks I would be crazy to give up my Raptor for a Track Hawk thinking it will depreciate much quicker. Although depreciation is not the end all be all it does matter to me so I was wondering what others thoughts were on this?

Anyone here currently own or previously owned a Jeep Track Hawk?

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All modern production vehicles will depreciate. Buying new you will take the biggest hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Track Hawk will depreciate more. Still doesn't mean it's not a thrill though.

Sam

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know... historically the Raptor has held value extremely well, but...

I think the market is becoming saturated... going on 4 years of Gen2. Dealer markups are no longer working on new model years, buyers are demanding invoice pricing by mid model year, and 3 years of Gen2 trucks on the used market all lead me to believe that Gen2 Raptors will not continue with the high resale value trend.

I see several Raptors on he streets each day... I don’t think I have ever seen a TrackHawk in the wild.

Last edited:

ANMAL

Reaction score
My 2 cents. Based on what I see in the market, the current value looks to be approx 20% below MSRP (not considering ADM which many paid over to have it first) on used 2018s which seems to be a bit steep. However considering the new market for the Trackhawk was weaker than FCA hoped and they produced as many as they could the gap between the used market and discounted new models on dealer lots pushed the steeper depreciation value.

There loss is your gain

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can easily get 10k off a trackhawk. you can’t get 10k off on a raptor. So the trackhawk has already depreciated before your purchase.

Regardless cars are a deprecating access unless you can afford to purchase a mclaren f1.

I am sure the trackhawk is a beast. I test drove a srt grand Cherokee and that was a beast. The trackhawk must be overkill.

OP
OP
2024RaptorR_NOVA

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents. Based on what I see in the market, the current value looks to be approx 20% below MSRP (not considering ADM which many paid over to have it first) on used 2018s which seems to be a bit steep. However considering the new market for the Trackhawk was weaker than FCA hoped and they produced as many as they could the gap between the used market and discounted new models on dealer lots pushed the steeper depreciation value.

There loss is your gain

I have noticed here in Canada there are a ton of new 2018’s still at dealers not selling and are discounted a lot so what you are saying is certainly the case here the more I look.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't hurt anyone's feelings by saying I don't think the gen 2 Raptor will share the same resale value as the gen 1 Raptor is known for. For 2 main reasons - Ford made a ton of them and they just aren't as beloved as the first gen.

As for the Trackhawk - it's an FCA vehicle, so any short term value will erode quickly.