RAPTOR TOOK A SIP OF BUD LIGHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect just as corporations acknowledge various annual events, some of which are recognized through such things as X history month etc.... there is a precedent for showing support for various groups inside our great nations populace.

If USAA wants to have a Memorial Day or Veteran's Day specific ad campaign, cool...and if they choose to do the same for Black History month, cool and if they or Ford choose to air or publish other ads focused on the recognition of certain sub segments within our society, great. I am to sure why that needs to be debated. No one is forcing anyone to read it, watch it, certainly not "become" it, if they choose not to.

Just seems much adieu about nothing. If they paint a truck in a pride flag design, who cares? If they painted a truck in a flag representing the Marine Corp or Navy, would that be ok but not a Pride or Black Lives Matter scheme?

It is all noise and no one is asking anyone to fly a Pride flag, that is the extreme take that is illogical.

Just because a company such as AB InBev or Molson Coors supports these subsets, why should it bother anyone?

They aren't requiring their customers to also go out and wave a banner or proclaim allegiance to the same subset. It is just become so pedestrian to lash out as opposed to being "cool, whatever" about these topics.

Back to these wonderful trucks, no matter what paint scheme they may be sporting.
That's what is nice about this country, we don't have to agree. There was a time when disagreeing could be done respectfully.

I am of the mindset that companies should make products or sell services. Leave the social and political debate to the people. You disagree, and that's fine.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Gutfeld calls this false premise “the prison of only two ideas”, wherein you are either making the special rainbow Raptor or you are anti-alphabet soup or you are either supporting the <insert cause here> movement or you are a racist/bigot/something-o-phobe, sub human garbage. It is very closely related to the “no true Scotsman” fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I would mostly agree. I would submit that there could and should be backlash if the lifestyle choice involves harm to others, for example or things that are actually insane, or the like.
I can agree with that.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Gutfeld calls this false premise “the prison of only two ideas”, wherein you are either making the special rainbow Raptor or you are anti-alphabet soup or you are either supporting the <insert cause here> movement or you are a racist/bigot/something-o-phobe, sub human garbage. It is very closely related to the “no true Scotsman” fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I would mostly agree. I would submit that there could and should be backlash if the lifestyle choice involves harm to others, for example or things that are actually insane, or the like.
Totally agree 100%. Important point/distinction.