RAPTOR TOOK A SIP OF BUD LIGHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where’s the veteran edition Raptor? There isn’t one. There probably should have been one years ago and hopefully Ford creates one.

I disagree that marketing to one very specific group is marketing to all.

Buy a Ram then. They have the built to serve editions. You can actually buy them, as well, they aren't just a single truck done up as a marketing bit. Is Ford's military / first responder discount good enough or since that's not available to everyone it's too divisive?

Yes you can conflate it because like i said it sthe same people behind it all.

Only extremists get air time. Whoever your "the same people" are probably don't represent the vast majority of anybody. Especially if the culture war is involved. Social media is just more of the same.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where’s the veteran edition Raptor? There isn’t one. There probably should have been one years ago and hopefully Ford creates one.

I disagree that marketing to one very specific group is marketing to all. This argument would be better made if there were multiple editions of Ford vehicles that have been or will be advertised. Would everyone be okay with Ford making a Pro Life or Pro Choice themed Raptor? Would that be beneficial as marketing to all? By singling out and catering to one group you are creating more division.

Advertising is to attract buyers on the product or services value to that customer. So advertising the off road capabilities, or payload capabilities for commercial applications. Advertising to groups based on sexüal preference, which has nothing to do with the product you’re selling, is pandering and virtue signaling at best.

I’m not against gay, but I shouldn’t feel like I’m supporting something I do or don’t agree with just to buy a truck.

As stated above, I’m quite certain a Pro Life or Pro Choice Raptor would not be well relieved, which fits right into your logic.
I think you said it well, but to add my opinion, would Ford ever paint a Raptor with a confederate flag? Of course not, some believe the flag represents racism. Actually it is our history, like the atomic bomb on Japan. My mother in law is Japanese, can barely speak English. She told me she was never taught in school about atrocities committed by Japan, such as https://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/nanking.htm

After I brought several to her attention, she now understands the reason China, for the most part, hates Japan. Ford and every other company should stick to what they do best. I think outwardly support for one group and not other groups that view the supported group with distain, cause more problems. Just today, when I was inside a grocery store, I saw a female dressed as a man. She had a crew cut and larger biceps than me, which I didn’t care about. She wore a shirt which was printed, “I eat ***** and I am proud.“ if I wore the exact same shirt, soccer moms would complain. The chick with the shirt should fly under the radar, as I do, no reason to throw it into everyone’s face. Same applies to Ford and other companies.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy a Ram then. They have the built to serve editions. You can actually buy them, as well, they aren't just a single truck done up as a marketing bit. Is Ford's military / first responder discount good enough or since that's not available to everyone it's too divisive?

Only extremists get air time. Whoever your "the same people" are probably don't represent the vast majority of anybody. Especially if the culture war is involved. Social media is just more of the same.
Putting your life on the line in service for this country so people like CruiserAss can write whatever garbage you want online and choosing your sexüal preference are not even close to similar.

With a name like CruiserClass I would have guessed you were in the military. I'm surprised you'd lump that into the same equivalence as LGBTQIA+ advertising.

Again, poor example. Back to Raptor content!

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Putting your life on the line in service for this country so people like CruiserAss can write whatever garbage you want online and choosing your sexüal preference are not even close to similar.
Uncalled for.
200.gif

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This forum is sounding like all the ******** / political and hostile nonsense seen on other social media sites. Much of which is simply angry opinion and none of which is founded in fact.

What a shame - be good to get back to the subject of these trucks and not all the butt hurt feelings around a subject that has no bearing on (it appears) those posting on this thread.

There are very likely LGBTQ members on this forum and to read the comments by some, the fear you have is illogical and likely found insulting to fellow Raptor owners and enthusiasts.

I served 23+ years so folks could choose to say and be whomever they want. But not all that is said is either warranted, rationale or reasonable. Can it be shared, sure. Is it the best idea to spew nonsense and disdain for a segment of our society? Not usually. We used to be a people who could display strength and character. For many it’s now primarily anger and bias.

Time to move on to more substantive discussions.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This forum is sounding like all the ******** / political and hostile nonsense seen on other social media sites. Much of which is simply angry opinion and none of which is founded in fact.

What a shame - be good to get back to the subject of these trucks and not all the butt hurt feelings around a subject that has no bearing on (it appears) those posting on this thread.

There are very likely LGBTQ members on this forum and to read the comments by some, the fear you have is illogical and likely found insulting to fellow Raptor owners and enthusiasts.

I served 23+ years so folks could choose to say and be whomever they want. But not all that is said is either warranted, rationale or reasonable. Can it be shared, sure. Is it the best idea to spew nonsense and disdain for a segment of our society? Not usually. We used to be a people who could display strength and character. For many it’s now primarily anger and bias.

Time to move on to more substantive discussions.
The reason you're seeing this across the board on every forum is because people everywhere want to live their lives without pledging allegiance to anything. This conversation never had to happen if Ford stuck with what it does best, which is manufacture vehicles.

Most importantly, having opposition to this type of advertisement does not mean someone is anti-LGBTQ, it seems like you're confusing the two. I don't think anyone on here has outright said they don't like LGBTQ people. I have gay friends, gay bosses, and gay neighbors. They're all great people that I enjoy. However, that doesn't mean I have to fly a rainbow flag from the front of my house.

If someone is part of the LGBTQ community and they wish to exhibit pride in their choices, that's fantastic. I personally feel it's not needed for corporations to stand on either side of the fence, just make your product and everyone is happy.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The beauty of this country is you can believe what you want and support what you want. If you're a member of LGBTQ and you want to display your pride, great I can appreciate that. I have zero issues with LGBTQ people or LGBTQ Raptor owners, you are welcomed here just like anyone else as far as I'm concerned.

However, to get upset that not everyone agrees with your lifestyle choice is ridiculous.

Last edited:

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason you're seeing this across the board on every forum is because people everywhere want to live their lives without pledging allegiance to anything. This conversation never had to happen if Ford stuck with what it does best, which is manufacture vehicles.

Most importantly, having opposition to this type of advertisement does not mean someone is anti-LGBTQ, it seems like you're confusing the two. I don't think anyone on here has outright said they don't like LGBTQ people. I have gay friends, gay bosses, and gay neighbors. They're all great people that I enjoy. However, that doesn't mean I have to fly a rainbow flag from the front of my house.

If someone is part of the LGBTQ community and they wish to exhibit pride in their choices, that's fantastic. I personally feel it's not needed for corporations to stand on either side of the fence, just make your product and everyone is happy.
I suspect just as corporations acknowledge various annual events, some of which are recognized through such things as X history month etc.... there is a precedent for showing support for various groups inside our great nations populace.

If USAA wants to have a Memorial Day or Veteran's Day specific ad campaign, cool...and if they choose to do the same for Black History month, cool and if they or Ford choose to air or publish other ads focused on the recognition of certain sub segments within our society, great. I am to sure why that needs to be debated. No one is forcing anyone to read it, watch it, certainly not "become" it, if they choose not to.

Just seems much adieu about nothing. If they paint a truck in a pride flag design, who cares? If they painted a truck in a flag representing the Marine Corp or Navy, would that be ok but not a Pride or Black Lives Matter scheme?

It is all noise and no one is asking anyone to fly a Pride flag, that is the extreme take that is illogical.

Just because a company such as AB InBev or Molson Coors supports these subsets, why should it bother anyone?

They aren't requiring their customers to also go out and wave a banner or proclaim allegiance to the same subset. It is just become so pedestrian to lash out as opposed to being "cool, whatever" about these topics.

Back to these wonderful trucks, no matter what paint scheme they may be sporting.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
having opposition to this type of advertisement does not mean someone is anti-LGBTQ
Exactly. Gutfeld calls this false premise “the prison of only two ideas”, wherein you are either making the special rainbow Raptor or you are anti-alphabet soup or you are either supporting the <insert cause here> movement or you are a racist/bigot/something-o-phobe, sub human garbage. It is very closely related to the “no true Scotsman” fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
However, to get upset that not everyone agrees with your lifestyle choices is ridiculous.
I would mostly agree. I would submit that there could and should be backlash if the lifestyle choice involves harm to others, for example or things that are actually insane, or the like.