Raptor sidesteps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rock-eater

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks of the input guys/gals! That back to black seems greasy does it collect a lot of dirt afterwards

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed surface rust on the side steps mounts? Mine are warn and reddish from road rash. Would a little sanding and Rust-Oleum work?

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly they look so good I may just find out what he used and keep spraying them every week or however long it lasts.

I use the Quick Sealant from Adam's and it works great. Makes them nice and black and it's not slippery. I also use it on my Method's and it makes them stay looking brand new and when you wash them any brake dust just wipes right off. I actually use it for a bunch of stuff on the trucks so get two cans if you order it and coat the cowl, grill, vents, and mirrors.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I use the Quick Sealant from Adam's and it works great. Makes them nice and black and it's not slippery. I also use it on my Method's and it makes them stay looking brand new and when you wash them any brake dust just wipes right off. I actually use it for a bunch of stuff on the trucks so get two cans if you order it and coat the cowl, grill, vents, and mirrors.

How long will the Adams sealant last on the side steps on average?

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long will the Adams sealant last on the side steps on average?

I've had it on for a month and it hasn't dulled yet. I did reapply it this weekend when I washed it though. Nice thing about it is its so easy you can just spray them down real quick every time you wash it. One can goes a long way I haven't even opened my second one yet. Plus it doesn't matter if you get overspray on the truck because it's made so you can seal the whole vehicle with it.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use - Surf City "Beyond Black" and also use it on my tires. Works good!

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the Adam's Quick Sealant. I use it on all the plastic and rubber trim, running boards, and Line-X. I apply it quite often to the whole front end to keep the buggies from sticking.

In this photo, both the silver part of the lower front bumper and the skid plate were coated with Line-X Premium. However, only the Line-X on the bumper was getting sprayed with Quick Sealant. I never really noticed the difference until I looked at this photo, taken with the sunlight direct and low. You can see how the un-sealed skid plate is much lighter than the bumper.

IMG_6076c2.jpg

Rest assured, I got out the creeper and coated that skid plate good, so it is nice and dark. Also makes washing the mud of that much easier.

OP
OP
Rock-eater

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if seems that this Adam's place sells the stuff I need. Does anyone have a short list of must haves to get from there? I don't want to spend all day on the website trying to figure out what I need for the Raptor.