Raptor seems too high for city garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Arm

Reaction score
I just got my new raptor and excited about it. Raptor's data shows 78.5'' height and the garage need to park has limit of 6'8''. It's only 1.5'' left but I think it should be fine.
Today I drove it to work. The truck just went through the height limit bar. But the antenna is too high and hit many pipes in the garage.
Anyone had similar issues? I live in Seattle and just started truck life. Before I never care about the height limit but now I'm very worried if there're garages that have lower limit that I can't even park.
I was plan to add some cool LED lights on the top but now I guess I can't do that:(

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer not entering any parking garage under 6'-11" (had to park in one today for jury duty) just to be safe but I'd say you were definitely at the safe limit.

VinceC

Reaction score
:):):):):):);):):):)
I just got my new raptor and excited about it. Raptor's data shows 78.5'' height and the garage need to park has limit of 6'8''. It's only 1.5'' left but I think it should be fine.
Today I drove it to work. The truck just went through the height limit bar. But the antenna is too high and hit many pipes in the garage.
Anyone had similar issues? I live in Seattle and just started truck life. Before I never care about the height limit but now I'm very worried if there're garages that have lower limit that I can't even park.
I was plan to add some cool LED lights on the top but now I guess I can't do that
You will learn to be VERY careful entering garages . I would not go with a stubby antenna. The factory antenna Is the first warning sign you might not clear. If my antenna hits, I then open the sun roof to check my clearance as I slowly pull in. I am about 1/4” short of clearing in my work garage. I could make it, but it would rip off the XM radio antenna, which is the highest point on my truck .

In MOST garages, the hour height limit bar is a couple inches below any solid Structural items. But it's always best to be very cautious until you have had time to really scope out the garage and look for any low spots.

It's all part of the price of entry into the Raptor club!

Good luck!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may be stating the obvious, but don’t go in any garages any shorter, and be very cautious of any the same height. They aren’t always measured perfectly. Occasionally something hangs down lower.
I lived in Seattle for four years. You are going to have some real fun parking downtown.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes with the territory. Parking issues are part of using your Raptor as your every day driver. FWIW I avoid low garages. There are times when Raptors park where others cannot...

upload_2020-1-7_23-47-35.jpeg

Enjoy your truck!upload_2020-1-7_23-47-35.jpeg

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely leave the factory antenna if you're going to be in/out of parking garages. I bought a stubby and then quickly realized that it was a great early warning system.

I park in a 6'8" garage and fit, the satellite antenna is pretty close though... it's a bit sketchy, but just go slow and you'll be fine. I would recommend going to whatever garage you plan to park in at night, or a weekend when it's not busy. That'll give you time to check everything out slowly, without people freaking out that you're blocking an entrance.

I've tried 6'6" and that was too low for me to get in. Just be careful!

I loved drone

Reaction score
I was plan to add some cool LED lights on the top but now I guess I can't do that:(

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, hit my antenna all the time in parking garages. Luckily, no shiny bits have hit yet.