Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lupa

Reaction score
I agree with most, the Gen 2 is the perfect blend of speed and handling. Anymore speed is unusable and additional weight from a giant motor will degrade the handling. Now I will be a buyer if they come out with a raptor that is actually a leap forward in technology such as some type of hybrid powerplant that improves overall performance and economy. Putting a giant v8 with a supercharger in it is going the opposite direction of progress.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 is already more capable than I am so no need to upgrade. I could afford it but It'd feel like throwing money away. If I was in the market then you bet I'd buy it. Killing TRX on every single metric except HP and offering factory 37s is impressive. The R version should be insane!!

Ford put it out there "You can have the most capable Baja tested truck in existence with best of class...well...everything except HP...or you can have your V8 in the TRX and sacrifice everything else...but wait...We'll have an even better V8 next year...suck it Fiat"

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why a lot of posts about "giant" V8. Probably a couple hundred pounds difference + a couple hundred HP?

I said yes, but I'm not buying a 4 door family sedan.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. $70k for my 2020 and day 3 had major leak from roof support that filled front floorboard. Now camera recall. Upon fixing recall, they gave me key and said “good luck, we have had worse luck with replacements than the original recalled cameras.” Already having issues with new rear camera. $70k! First and last Ford.
Bye Felicia

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ChaseU

Reaction score
That's what Woodridge Ford in Calgary told me on Monday.. expect to see a price around 150k CAD like the Shelby or more.

The GM also said they've had a few calls from collectors in the area about the V8 so ill fighting rich guys with deep pockets.

Kinda wish Ford offered the V6 Gen 3 with a powerboost lol.. but ill wait to see the hp figures.

This is exactly what I was worried about. I’m in Edmonton and haven’t bothered to ask because I know the answer. That being said, many of the 2020 GT500’s they were asking $170+ are still sitting, while other dealers are advertising their 2021’s sub $130.

Between the two Ford Performance dealers in Edmonton there were about 150 new 2019 Raptors on the sales lots that arrived from the late 2019 build/delivery. There are still a TON of new 2019’s on those same lots. That will say a lot for the Gen3, the R, and our current economic state here.

Last edited:

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want one but these are my hard no’s:

ADM fees
Blue interior
Single digit gas mileage

If I can get one without the three items above I’m in. I don’t care if it’s 100k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm with you, but my exception is the $100k potential price tag. For that, I'd get a C8 instead and keep my '11 SCab.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I marked my answer as no because I don't believe that the v8 will be out for a long time. Even then, the reliability issues I read about in the test truck scare me. I know that is normal, but my fear is that they are trying to just make something work rather than having a ground up build/test that should have started a year or two ago. The TRX is going to have 2 solid sales years before this R model should be available.