Raptor Expeditions - Pismo Dunes 1/2-1/4 - Presented by Toyo Tires & Icon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Expeditions

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update 1/1/15:

Looking forward to seeing so many of you out at the dunes this weekend. Weather looks great for this time of year. Clear sky's with low 60's during the day and low 40's at night. Make sure to bring warm clothing. We'll likely have at least 6 trailers out so we should have some nice shelter should it be windy.

RSV6 should get to the dunes sometime between 1pm-2pm Friday. Once we find a good spot we'll shoot out an email to those who registered and update this thread with the location. It should not be hard to find us with the wrapped trucks. If you get there earlier, please wait to set up camp unless you are planning to camp by yourself.

Also, please bring a couple bundles of wood so we can have a roaring fire to keep us warm in the evening!

Thanks,

Raptor Expeditions

15695204842_6ce4e06a94_o.jpg

Raptor Expeditions Club is heading to Pismo the weekend of January 2nd. Typically, all our events are private and only open to club members. However, we’d like to extend an invitation to all of you! In fact, invite all your friends and family as this is open to all vehicles (4X4’s strongly recommended). Fresh off it’s resurrection, RSV5 will be there to checkout. If you have other toys (RZR’s, bikes, quads, etc…) bring them!

We’ll be camping on the beach, however, there are plenty of hotel options in Pismo for those who don’t want to camp.

If you plan on camping, please bring a bundle or two of wood. If everyone does, we should have a blazing fire to keep us warm. On that point, it will likely be in the low 40’s if not 30’s at night so make sure to come prepared with plenty of gear to keep you warm at night.

Things you’re going to want to bring:

-Tent - for those who are camping.
-warm sleeping gear
-fire wood
-recovery strap
-tire gauge - you’re going to want to are down to 13-17 psi depending on your -preference.
-food
-beer/liquor for evening festivities :biggrin:
-Great attitude and ready to have fun!

For more info on the Pismo (Oceano Dunes) checkout: Oceano Dunes SVRA

If you don't want to ruff it in a tent Luv2Camp rents travel trailers. They will bring the trailer out to camp and set it up. There are other companies that do this but Luv2Camp is the only one that will drop them for you, the others will bring them to the gate and you have to tow them out. More info: Luv 2 Camp Trailer Rentals serving the Pismo Beach & Oceano Dunes Area

To make camping reservations checkout: OCEANO DUNES SVRA, CA - Campground & Camping Details - ReserveAmerica - [CA]

Camping is $10/night and is open. We’ll all be camping in a big group.

SO WHO'S GOING?

Going:

-ihavegas
-TheBigRig
-GBrown1867
-tbone
-SlowJoe

-Lonnie
-John
-manny
-skyscrapper
-911regular

-Gita (Wrangler JKU)
-Ralf (Tacoma
-CoronaRaptor (Saturday)
-Jerryballs
-Mike (RZR)

-Jahir
-John W.
-Ryan S.
-Glassman
-Trick_Raptor

-John D.
-Steven B.
-Ryan S.
-Pat S.
-Dakota

-MotoDuc
-MNWILKO
-Bigg50
-dmarriott @mvfruit.com
-Lonzo

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^haha, nice! Looking forward to seeing that beast shred up some dunes.

Just booked my camping spots. Looks like there should be a fair amount of people out there as nearly 350 spots of the 1000 are already booked.

OP
OP
Raptor Expeditions

Raptor Expeditions

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have had a few club members saying they are going also. Should be a really good turn out.

slowjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What time do you guys see yourselves leaving Sunday? That may be the day I have available... the timing for me just isn't quite right, but I'll try so make an appearance on my way to L.A.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No worries Joe. Some will be leaving in the late afternoon. I usually hit the road around noon.

I think I'm going to drag the travel trailer down since it looks like my wife will be rolling. So we'll have something to block the wind if it ends up being a windy day. Anybody else bringing a trailer? We can circle the wagons haha.

Funny thing about Pismo, I like it better when it's overcast since there's little to no wind. Clear days may be beautiful but they usually end up being windy at the beach.

Last edited:

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor Expeditions - Pismo Dunes 1/2-1/4 - *Open Event*

I will be there with RSV5 and I am trying to get a set of paddles for it. My wife may bring her jeep so her and the girls can cruz around. My buddy may bring out his sand rail and I am trying to get a few guys to come up from So Cal with their XP 1000s.
Should be a fun weekend.