Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because some dealers sell a lot more than others. So for obvious reasons, they get more allocation.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading shit like this really ****** me off. How can these dealers have 5 and 10 trucks on order, and some people are having their deposits returned because their dealers are being told they have balanced out already and others like me are unsure if our orders will be pulled or not.

This is COMPLETE ******* BS IMO!!!!!

U got that rite im in the same boat going on 10 weeks and nothing. They no how many trucks they are going to build u would think they would give even the small dealer at least 1 order but no .The dealer in town cant even get one thats just ********* . Dont know what the deal is with that but thats not fair at all.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
U got that rite im in the same boat going on 10 weeks and nothing. They no how many trucks they are going to build u would think they would give even the small dealer at least 1 order but no .The dealer in town cant even get one thats just ********* . Dont know what the deal is with that but thats not fair at all.

Your dealership knows if they have an allocation. They should know how long it will take to get pulled.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealership knows if they have an allocation. They should know how long it will take to get pulled.

When i ordered they said they had three allocations and i was the first one. I told them i am not going to order unless they do and they assured me that they did so i ordered on jan 3 put a 1000 deposit. Called several times and all they tell me is when we hear something we will let u know. Complete bull if u ask me. Last time i called he said if u dont like it we will give u your deposit back and u can order from someone else????

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because some dealers sell a lot more than others. So for obvious reasons, they get more allocation.

That's the biggest bunch of BS I ever heard. If those dealers aren't ordering for customers who have special ordered them, they shouldn't be allowed to order for their lots while others are being turned down. Idgaf how Ford sees it. Their "allocation system" is ****** up. And if you agree with it , you're ****** up too.

**** no it isn't fair.

So is it nh's fault his dealer lied to him?

When i ordered they said they had three allocations and i was the first one. I told them i am not going to order unless they do and they assured me that they did so i ordered on jan 3 put a 1000 deposit. Called several times and all they tell me is when we hear something we will let u know. Complete bull if u ask me. Last time i called he said if u dont like it we will give u your deposit back and u can order from someone else????

I'd have a hard time spending money at that dealership. I'd probably tell them I wanted my $ back and tell them to go **** themselves. I sure as shit wouldn't spend another dime there after you get your truck. Good luck man :cheers:

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It helps to have a good dealer to work with. Still took 3 1/2 months but informed all the way helps. I actually enjoyed the wait. Gave me time to learn a lot from this forum and get all my mods together. We've all been where you're at. It's a rite of passage. Try and enjoy it. You know it's worth it in the end. Well worth it!

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is it nh's fault his dealer lied to him?

:

No.....I'm just saying they should know. Sounds like they may have lied to him about an allocation, ordered one for the lot in front of his, or it just hasn't been pulled yet since they seemed to get a little behind after the holiday brake. Either way they should know an estimate timeline of when the truck will be built. I think mine was about 10 weeks before being pulled. But My dealer was spot on with when mine would get built/sent. I was told late Jan. if I was lucky to mid Feb. It was built on the 30th of Jan and delieved on the 12th. I would suggest just calling SVT for an update. Why bother your dealer for something you can just do.

Last edited:

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like his dealer is jacking him around to me for sure.

I'm not gonna bug SVT right now. My order was only just placed on the Feb 25th. DORA on the 26th. Owner ( who is my salesman) said my order would probably be pulled in 2-3 weeks. So I don't see a need to be calling and bugging SVT. When he called his rep for allocation for me, she told him April or May production, depending on the parts shortage and how long it affects production. She wasn't sure what the shortage is, but that I should still get my order in sooner than later. blood told me my order was clean pri 10 and that I should be good to go, but check back with him in 3 weeks (which would be March 27th) 1 other member here (who also works for Ford) who has my dealer code and order # and has seen the text messages and emails the owner has sent me also said it sounds like I should be good to go.

I just think its complete BS that dealers have 5 & 10 trucks on the way, when some people are having their deposits returned and being told their order has been declined and some of us are in the dark on weather or not we will get ours. Its not fair at all. Dealers being able to order for their lots ahead of walk in customers placing an order on a limited build vehicle is complete BS and should not be allowed. Dealers should be required to have a full name, SSN and drivers license # pinned to an order to place it.

If you were in our shoes and didn't already have your truck, you'd feel the same way- guaranteed.

Last edited: