Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grancuda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear, ROC is not the ones doing the exchange anymore. Forged offroad took it over.

So if there issues with exchanges it is not ROC. We only started the whole DIY movement and the exchange program but because of time needed to run it, was given to Forge. However we are still doing shocks work now and then to help as well working on other DIY items to keep everyone on the trail.

Yes it was Forged off-road who rebuilt our shocks and sent them back to us as I stated in a previous post. And we sent them an email on Friday regarding the matter. Haven't heard anything back as of today, Wednesday. I'm guessing due to the holiday.

UPDATE as of today 7/11/17 still haven't received a response back from anyone at Forged Offroad regarding the mishap. Not even a hey we are sorry to hear your shocks got scratched and gouged up.

Last edited:

DCSVT1

Reaction score
Reece the shaft??

Hello. Sorry haven't read through the WHOLE post, just some of it BUT I need to get mine rebuilt 2010 W/68k. I purchased a second set from a 2012 owner who had about twice the mileage on his and just replaced them with new. I figured I'd send that set out for a rebuild and then swap em out. I called the place in NY that does them (closest to me) and they said the shafts might need to be replaced, an additional $90 per. I didn't see anything in this thread about replacing the shafts. Is this something that might be needed or just something they are trying to add on?? And nothing against them, I just don't know. Also, i would rather send to you guys but UPS ground would add about 2 weeks to the process.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes shafts sometimes need to be replaced. Rears are the most common that need replacing.

Front lower bushings are another common item that needs to be replaced.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What shop in NY? I need a shop to do rebuilds and can't find any around me within few hours drive even. I am in central ny but I'm also new to this forum

Hello. Sorry haven't read through the WHOLE post, just some of it BUT I need to get mine rebuilt 2010 W/68k. I purchased a second set from a 2012 owner who had about twice the mileage on his and just replaced them with new. I figured I'd send that set out for a rebuild and then swap em out. I called the place in NY that does them (closest to me) and they said the shafts might need to be replaced, an additional $90 per. I didn't see anything in this thread about replacing the shafts. Is this something that might be needed or just something they are trying to add on?? And nothing against them, I just don't know. Also, i would rather send to you guys but UPS ground would add about 2 weeks to the process.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GJ Motorsports is now offering exchanges out of Chicago for people looking to save a little on shipping costs. Hit them up on Facebook for more information: https://www.facebook.com/gjmotorsports/

That's great, looks like they just opened up shop. I haven't been able to find much more info on them, but its great to have an option closer to me.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great, looks like they just opened up shop. I haven't been able to find much more info on them, but its great to have an option closer to me.

I beat the shit out of my stock rebuilds and they are handling the California desert and dunes wonderfully. Definitely recommend these guys for rebuilds if you're in the market.