Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**** UPDATED******
Make sure to like and follow ROC Facebook: and Instagram As noted in the thread, I am no longer the lead on doing the rebuilds as I have a new addition to the family and well family comes first.

For those of a DIY nature, this is where the whole shock party started.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/diy-stock-raptor-2-5-shock-rebuild-43929/

For those who wish to learn how to rebuild your shocks, you can PM me and we can schedule a time to rebuild them. ROC shop space is near Roseville CA. Or if you need remote assistance let me know and I will do what I can.

Ford Raptor Forum Shock Exchange Program

The company Forged Offroad is now running what was the exchange program that was started here. They are NOT part of ROC which seems to be the rumor out there. ROC has its own shop and is able to perform shock services on a limited bases.

To be on the list for the FRF shock exchange program - www.werebuildshocks.com

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool idea.
Some things to keep in mind.
Are you guys rebuilding front and rear shocks?
The shocks for a SCAB are different than the shocks for a SCREW.

shipping rates can get expensive. Someone considering this option will want to know approximate costs to ship shocks to you and for you to ship shocks from you to them.

I highly recommend that the shipping insurance for the shocks is used and the proper value identified. I've had my shocks disappear on a loading dock once. RPG supplied the shipping label and it was a pain for them to resolve it. And that was with the insurance option.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have compared shocks front and rear of SCAB and SCREW and the only diff we can see is possibly shims are different but based on inspection we did not see any difference. So if there is really a difference it is not in the body and could be just the charge amount of nitrogen. This info is based on rebuilding of 4 sets of shocks both SCAB and SCREW.

Performance wise we have tested shocks that came on SCAB on Screw and SCREW on SCAB. No performance difference.

Only difference is shocks is A and B version. The difference in those is the internal seal is either a O ring or taller O ring. 2010 models have A for sure and 2012-14 are B. Have yet to do a 2011 shock.

Swapping shocks between SCAB and SCREW is not a issue as we can see / and tested for front and rear.

Shipping is the responsibility of the person so up to them to add insurance.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be in Socal in just over a month to get my new shocks installed, your welcome to have my used shocks, they'll have 90,000 miles on them by then. My truck will be at RPG and arrangements can be made to pick them up there i'm guessing or I can bring with me when the truck is done.

Last edited: