Raptor Bumpers

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by pomotawh56, May 23, 2013.

1. Red

Red FRF Addict

How much does the steel version weigh? Also does it improve approach angle?

2. beadblaster

beadblaster Full Access Member

I think they told me the steel one was 50 lbs. I am sure it does help with the approach angle. My truck has the wsi 3 over hd springs and progressive coils on mid perch which raised the truck 3 inches in the front. I caved the stock skid plate in and have not yet even touched this one.

3. hackleman

hackleman Full Access Member

beadblaster, hows the fit of your bumper? I have the sam thing and mine is somewhat laid back. I also bought the rear aluminum bumper and it looks warped from day one.

4. beadblaster

beadblaster Full Access Member

Mine also was laid back slightly. I went and added a couple of body fender shims between the bumper and frame on the top bolt and this lined it up perfectly. I am going to order the back bumper but have a concern if they are warped. I may get a steel back bumper because I have the hd wsi springs on the truck.

5. hackleman

hackleman Full Access Member

i hit a gate with this bumper, it may actually be weaker than the stock one... it just bent back. i always thought aluminum would break before it would bend but i was wrong

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I can send you pics of mine. Most people dont see the slight warp, but it bugs me. If you are interested i can sell it to you.

6. ADDGrant

ADDGrant Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Submitted by a customer this morning:

"Poor bastard didn't have a prayer.. almost drove over him.. only jacked up the bumper.. Addictive Desert Designs thanks for a killer product saved all my fiberglass!! And all the Rigid Industries - LED Lighting bars are still in perfect condition.."

Attached Files:

carlschmarl2 likes this.