GEN 2 OVERPRICED BUMPERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
12ozcurls

12ozcurls

Reaction score
Jeep bumpers can be had for a reasonable price and that’s because of competition. Unfortunately there are not a lot of options with the Raptor so they can charge what they want.
People are paying $25k ADM so what’s another 2-3k?
Your right. Lack of competition leads to this gouging.

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the bumpers were $1200 including ACC relocation. I would of been bought one. So I understand.

Plus the thick bumpers do not make the vehicle look sleek and sexy. Its always the thinner bumpers that make the lines pop.

OP
OP
12ozcurls

12ozcurls

Reaction score
The whole point of buying a Raptor for me was not needing to mod
I said that right up until the point I knew I had caught the bug. I’ve added CAI, catback, wheels and Goosetune. All have been reasonably priced taking into consideration the market etc. I just can’t bring myself to do the bumpers. Not because I don’t want to. Not because I can’t afford it. I’m not doing the bumpers because everywhere I turn these days someone is taking advantage in pricing. Steel is steel. Labor is labor. Bumpers (at least raptor non-winch bumpers) have no moving parts and contain no tech. They are welded steel and sometimes aluminum. This is a perfect example of companies gouging a group of buyers because there is no competition. I love capitalism. I’m a Marine vet. I love our country but capitalism thrives in a competitive market. There is no competition here. Gouge.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah that's the denial stage. I've been there many times. That being said I won't be buying bumpers. Too many issues to look past.

I have had -I think- 14? 4 wheeled street vehicles, give or take a couple. I’ve been successful at not modifying.. 4. One of which I crashed, the other 3 were dedicated commuters or beaters or both.

I’ve been somewhat measured on the Rap. I’ve resisted quite a lot. it’s easy to resist new bumpers for 2 large each...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I love our country but capitalism thrives in a competitive market. There is no competition here.

Same can be said about the world's governments. Most of them pushed for shut downs during covid, which killed the small business models. Rich got richer, poor got poorer. All politicians gained more money as a result. Not those they govern.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole point of buying a Raptor for me was not needing to mod it ...
I have vehicles that are simply transportation and since about 2020 I’ve had the luxury of having a vehicle or two that have no practical purpose other than they make me happy, so really just a vanity vehicle. I don’t want to see another vehicle identical to my vanity vehicle, my goal has always been to personalize it, therefore I modify them to suit my taste and differentiate them from other vehicles of the same model. Not really sure what that says about me, but it’s the truth. And insomuch as they say you can’t get your investment in modifications back I’ve always had pretty good luck with finding a buyer willing to pay extra for the mods, it’s a good thing, I’ve established a pattern of getting bored with a vehicle after 3-4 yrs and moving to something else.