Raptor Assault Travel to:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theswits

Reaction score
Did the drive in 2019 from BC, Canada. 1400 km, day and a half. Was able to find governor limit at WOT heading through Idaho. After the assault in Tooele, drove down to Arches NP and Willow Creek? (back road) into the Utah desert (another 400+ km), camped out a couple nights. Considered flying, glad I drove ..... travelled with extra 5 gallons each of water and gas ...2019-06-18 15.21.29.jpg2019-06-18 18.41.57.jpg

Last edited:

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would fly out and rent one of the track capable Toyota Corolla's, tour around for a few days and race it at the salt flats, before you are done.

View attachment 346701
Nothing more offroad capable than a Corolla or Prius. In my all offroading in Utah, I tend to come across those two cars the most often in some very remote locations...haha

FML

Reaction score
We did the drive from Chicago in 2020.

Covid & cheap gas at the time.

CO, Moab, Zion, Arches, Yellowstone & Badlands. It was a good trip.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing more offroad capable than a Corolla or Prius. In my all offroading in Utah, I tend to come across those two cars the most often in some very remote locations...haha
Ever watch Matt’s offroad recovery on YouTube?

He seems to always be pulling out cars like that.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever watch Matt’s offroad recovery on YouTube?

He seems to always be pulling out cars like that.
Yes I have. We have crossed paths a couple of times in remote locations down in the St George area. For the record -- he has never had to come rescue me or my Raptor....:p

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove and made it a 10 day trip off-roading in the Salt Lake City area, Moab, and Denver. I was able to put what I learned at RA to good use on the trails.
If you can do it, I’d recommend driving your truck instead of flying.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 Days brother

Edgefield - Tennessee
Tennessee - Kansas city
Kansas City - Denver
Denver - Some open space in the middle of BUMDIKS UT baby!!

Airbnb or Hotel the entire time
Conceal carry in all of the above states and some open carry
Extra Tire
Bring an extra gallon of water per day and 2 tuna packets per day for emergencies

You scared?

I wouldn't open carry but I carry concealed everyday. No tuna or water is needed. Monsters and Beer are better for emergencies.

I would love to drive out there but that's a large time expense for me.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flew. My RA was literally the day before Thanksgiving in 2019. I flew home the next day on Thanksgiving morning, so no time to drive, although that would of been a great trip driving if life permitted.

( FYI, nasty storm hit during my RA and through the night. Had to drive a compact AWD BMW SUV from Hotel to airport. Nearly died on way to airport. The weather was so bad, I was the only one on the freeway and shouldn't have been. A CHP caught up to me and shadowed me to the airport. Scariest drive in my entire life was to the airport in that BMW. )