Raptor Assault Travel to:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc1gator

Reaction score
Your thughts on driving 1,700 miles Vs flying. It would definitely be nice to visit Moab but who knows how much petro will be then? I know, if you can afford a Raptor you can afford $8.00 a gallon gas. Please don't go there. It will cost twice as much to drive as it will to fly. I have to make a decision on that shortly for planning purposes. Flights are disappearing pretty fast and the longer I wait the more they cost. Decisions, decisions! Responses appreciated.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your thughts on driving 1,700 miles Vs flying. It would definitely be nice to visit Moab but who knows how much petro will be then? I know, if you can afford a Raptor you can afford $8.00 a gallon gas. Please don't go there. It will cost twice as much to drive as it will to fly. I have to make a decision on that shortly for planning purposes. Flights are disappearing pretty fast and the longer I wait the more they cost. Decisions, decisions! Responses appreciated.

One advantage of driving is you don't have to worry about flights being canceled. Several coworkers and family have had numerous issues with cancellations and delays recently. My brother in particular has been traveling extensively since mid January back and forth across the country and it's been a nightmare for him and he's not booking with the "value" airlines either.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I went to Raptor Assault I flew from NC and then drove from SLC to SF to visit family. I spent the day after RA rubbernecking all the cool trails in and around Salt Lake plus the salt flats nearby and wishing I had brought my truck. If my schedule had allowed I definitely would have preferred to drive and make a vacation out of it.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much time you have but i would consider doing the Trans America Trail (TAT)on the way out. I flew to WV to pick up my Raptor and I still kick myself for not taking a few extra days. Also, plenty of places to use a Raptor in Utah. Dirt roads for miles in the west desert and as already mentioned, Bonneville Salt Flats is an hour away. If you’re going to Moab, you can pretty much do it all on dirt roads once you get to Price, UT. Plan on 3 weeks, at least….haha

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm flying, part of that is financial. I figure that fuel costs each way would be $400 to $500. Then, I'd need a hotel stay along the route each way. So, that would put my travel costs in the $1200 - $1400 range. It would also be 4 full days just for travel.

Instead, I got a plane ticket for $300, I'll rent a car and drive from SLC to Zion NP. Last time I went to the school, I went to Capital Reef and Bryce Canyons NPs.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4 Days brother

Edgefield - Tennessee
Tennessee - Kansas city
Kansas City - Denver
Denver - Some open space in the middle of BUMDIKS UT baby!!

Airbnb or Hotel the entire time
Conceal carry in all of the above states and some open carry
Extra Tire
Bring an extra gallon of water per day and 2 tuna packets per day for emergencies

You scared?