Raptor Assault footage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
Wow, that's kinda messed up. I wouldn't exactly call them an essential service and you definitely can't social distance when you're in a truck with someone all day and in a big group. Also lame that they won't even extend the year requirement since there's a pandemic going on. Wow.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The video and photos never do it justice.
The course may be basic to some with extensive off road experience, but there are still Raptor-specific points they will teach you. All in all, very enjoyable when I went last year and couldn’t beat the price!

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:banghead: When I did it in spring 2019 they didn't have that Baja course or a jumping component. When I did it the speed portion was in a live environment so they heavily limited how fast we could go. 35mph and they had radar guns. Looks like your experience was way more fun.

I had a blast on the mountain climb and rock crawl stuff, but only really got to push it to 5/10ths in the "Baja" part of our class.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
I like how they really listen to the feedback and are constantly tweaking the class to give people at least close to what they're looking for. Obviously they can't give us everything we want, or their trucks would be in pieces. I asked how fast we should be going and the dude said in his chill English accent, "probably no more than 40, and if you go off the course, you're going too fast." Lmao!

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how they really listen to the feedback and are constantly tweaking the class to give people at least close to what they're looking for. Obviously they can't give us everything we want, or their trucks would be in pieces. I asked how fast we should be going and the dude said in his chill English accent, "probably no more than 40, and if you go off the course, you're going too fast." Lmao!

Ya that would have been more fun. A hard limit takes your focus off enjoying the course while you focus on staying within a number. It would be much more fun just making "control" the limit.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
They must have realized that and made the change. Can't believe they were using radar guns on you. Lol.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They must have realized that and made the change. Can't believe they were using radar guns on you. Lol.

They explained it was an insurance thing. Very strict rules for them to be able to ensure the course, so they had two locations along the Baja run (which was pretty short) where instructors in their Raptors were using radar, and they'd radio your truck if you were over. They'd give you a strike or two as long as they felt it was an accident.

D

Deleted member 12951

Going over 100 on dirt is a thrill though. Only in my truck though. :-(

165d7c39e4b829bea181c2ff0cc435c3.jpg

478f688783aa96a10627b7b27074b818.jpg

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
I guess I could see that if you were out on the open desert. With all the turns they had on the course they made, it ensured you couldn't go crazy fast, but it still felt awesome whipping it around all the tight curves.