Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuiltRight

Reaction score
May 16/17 for me! Love hearing people's tips and tricks. I hear people recommending a stay downtown rather than in Tooele. I'm fine staying closer to the facility if there's a decent bar and grill or something around. Holiday Inn still the best spot locally?

Cheers,
Matt

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May 16/17 for me! Love hearing people's tips and tricks. I hear people recommending a stay downtown rather than in Tooele. I'm fine staying closer to the facility if there's a decent bar and grill or something around. Holiday Inn still the best spot locally?

Cheers,
Matt

Holiday inn is closest -we did AirBNB -the Bonneville brewery is next to the holiday inn - beer and food is good but service is really bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stayed downtown at the Grand America. Expensive but pretty nice. The self parking garage underneath easily fits a Raptor both in height and with several big wide spots.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i enjoyed my stay at TownePlace Suites Salt Lake City-West Valley

It is pretty much brand new. There are a bunch of places to eat near there, and there is a target across the parking lot for supplies.

It is about 20 mins from UMP, which I liked better than the 45-60 mins from downtown SLC.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flying home from SLC now. Great trip but WINDY! Apparently some commercial flights were even diverted. Got it in just in time since now it's rained and snowed overnight and the temperature has plummeted.

What a great experience. Beautiful facilities and professional experienced and friendly instructors. I paired up with a very nice driving partner also coincidentally from Dallas. Also had a good chat with vitaminR of this forum.

By far my favorite part was the trails and climbs. Amazing what these trucks can do. The Baja portion was fun but pretty tame so don't spend all day looking forward to that section.

Ford really knocked it out of the park with this truck and this program.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flying home from SLC now. Great trip but WINDY! Apparently some commercial flights were even diverted. Got it in just in time since now it's rained and snowed overnight and the temperature has plummeted.

What a great experience. Beautiful facilities and professional experienced and friendly instructors. I paid up with a very nice driving partner also coincidentally from Dallas. Also had a good chat with vitaminR of this forum.

By far my favorite part was the trails and climbs. Amazing what these trucks can do. The Baja portion was fun but pretty tame so don't spent all day looking forward to that section.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They really neutered the Baja section prior to Sep 2017 (when I went). There are videos of people doing a full loop, and getting up close to 70 in areas we were restricted to 45. I was rather disappointed, to the point it almost soured the whole day for me. I know those sections have been run at 80 without issue.*

You guys a part of the DFW Raptors FB group? Not nearly as active as HARO, but still a good group.

* If they tell you someone wrecked their truck out there, and it was because the were driving too fast, they don't know what actually happened, or are just spinning a tale a bit

Last edited:

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By far my favorite part was the trails and climbs. Amazing what these trucks can do. The Baja portion was fun but pretty tame so don't spent all day looking forward to that section.

Absolutely agree - it was a very well designed program - highly recommend that you try to sign up if you can!