Raptor 1 - Deer 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
widespreadhawk
Reaction score
If they total your bumper, I'll bet someone on here would buy it from you...
Now I have a selling point for my wife... It's a safety issue. I need an aftermarket bumper...

My hope is that insurance would simply replace it, but I would guess it could be bent and pulled back into shape with the right tools? I’ll know more tomorrow after they come to look at the truck and give me options for a potential claim. Part of the middle cutout is sheered and will need to be replaced, or it will rust I’m sure. I just hope all is good behind the bumper and no other potential issues, as it was a pretty good strike.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumper is sitting crooked hopefully frame ends aren't bent, one of the downsides to aftermarket bumpers. They make them stronger than factory which moves the weak point somewhere else, IE frame. And asked above if a hit like this would trigger the air bags, very rarely do they because the deer are too small/soft. Airbag sensors get triggered by a certain amount of G force.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely crushed a deer on i80 in Iowa Friday evening... Tried to avoid but slammed on brakes and couldn't stop, probably struck the poor thing going 45mph (I had cruise at 75)... Big thud at impact and dead center strike to my ADD front bumper... Which is now slightly damaged but no other issues to truck that I can tell, goes in for appraisal Tuesday for full check... Pretty impressed with aftermarket bumper and how it took the hit... Cant believe all the deer in Nebraska and Iowa this year. Crazy. Glad we decided to take truck vs my wife's Subaru Outback for this road trip.. It could have been really bad for us.

View attachment 124285

View attachment 124286
Glad your OK...but DAMN,you just might of cost me another, $1500-$2,000? for a heavy duty bumper on mine....I just kind of like my "stock" look....Looks like the bumper held up good and saved you...I've hit 2 Deer less than 3 miles from my house in the Tacoma I sold to buy my Raptor....and it was WAY more ugly than your damage....$5,000 1st time,$6,000 2nd time...gotta love Insurance (sometimes)...anf funny,2nd time I was in the Auto Body when he called them and first thing they asked,are you sure he hit another deer and wasnt drunk and hit a pole....Auto Body guy says"well,there is blood and fur all over the front end if that helps you"..LMAO..!
I got the little suckers roaming thru my back yard all the time....GF thinks they are cute Bambi's....I got the gun right by the door,but can only shoot when she is gone...;)

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you were ok! Damn those deer, I hunt them every chance I get...bow, gun, they are delicious!
Ya got an open invitation to come hunt in my back field ANYTIME..!! But I warn you,I got some smart little F#*@&er's...Hunting season I sit and watch the Hunters walking down the road in front of house.....go upstairs and look out window and they are all grazing and sleeping in my back field....next hunting season I'm gonna rat them out and put a sign up DEER BACK HERE with an arrow....wish I still hunted...!