Raptoberfest 2014 Damage Report

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More money than brains?

I don't agree for the most part. running these trucks hard there are parts that will wear and break after repeated runs. I ran very hard out there, and did tweak the frame, probably wore out my upper A arm ball joints, but all told, with a brake flush, oil change, alignment, frame, and joints I'm into repairs for about $600 give or take.

A single day out at the racetrack in one of my cars will usually eat a set of tires, require a brake flush, and oil change and can very easily top that number just with 2 tires...

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You keep yours on the street and I will keep mine in the dirt.

Not that it matters in this cyber **** swinging contest, but mine is far from a street queen. But I also didn't add thousands of dollars worth of upgrades to make it "more off-road" capable.

I remember also seeing you hit the wall at the Time Attack...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Not that it matters in this cyber **** swinging contest, but mine is far from a street queen. But I also didn't add thousands of dollars worth of upgrades to make it "more off-road" capable.

I remember also seeing you hit the wall at the Time Attack...

I was just giving you shit. But last time I checked when I jump in a cold river, I can't swing it around, shit who am I kidding, I couldn't swing it on a good warm day.

And yeah, I did hit the wall, I can't drive.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More money than brains?

I have people say that about how I run my truck in the sand dunes, but I don't feel that way. Sure I have broken and damaged parts, but it is why I bought the truck and I run / play with it hard. For the most part I fix anything I break. Just had to put a power steering pump on it last weekend, and bought the part and installed myself. With the truck being heavily modified and even though it technically is still under warranty, I take responsibility for these type of things.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Mine as usual did fine without any damage until....

y2yhyza6.jpg

qa3esaqu.jpg

I should be more careful next time. I wasn't paying attention. The rear tires were spinning and then caught traction. *snap* Abs fault, check brake system, hill descent control fault, off road mode fault, check advantrac etc etc.

I'm without my truck for at least 2 months. It's a race between RPG and ford. Which ever axle shaft I can get first is going in the truck. If ford wins, well I'll put the oem ones back in and drive it home from Texas (live in Alabama) and wait until these bad ass RPG axle shafts come out. They are chrome moly

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk