Raptoberfest 2014 Damage Report

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My damage this time was pretty minimal:
1. Bashed in front skid plate
2. AFE CAI boot from the box to the tube exploded
3. Corsa extreme exhaust fell off
4. Fender liner ripped halfway out and folded underneath itself
5. Cracked the stock exhaust system in 2 different places.
6. Rear bolt connecting my deaver leaf springs fell halfway out. So the springs were tilted to the side for the entire 4 hour drive pulling a camper and he remaining 10 hr drive home. Not sure what collateral damage that might have caused.

The track was very well marked there was never a time when a turn came up that we weren't expecting which was good because there were several holes and lakes that could've easily swallowed a raptor. Trey and his team did a great job marking the course!
Overall very happy with the performance of my truck in the varying conditions. Nitto mud grapplers gripped surprisingly well in the mud. And my truck wasn't even out of alignment when I took it in to the dealership for alignment!

Madim

Reaction score
1. Winch fell apart
2. Half of rear bumper was lost on the track. (Thanks to SandTrooper for picking it up and bringing it back to the camp)
3. Bent ADD Venom front bumper/skid plate.
4. Exhaust broke off
5. Transmission fluid is leaking
6. Flat tire
7. Few LED lights didn't come on (possibly disconnected harness)
8. Truck went into Failsafe mode ("limp mode") and all the lights on the dashboard came on. Engine wrench, oil, coolant, 4x4, tire sensors, and etc.
9. Does not start now. Will not even crank. Got towed to ford dealership.

After 5 days, they still have no idea what is wrong with it. Unable to communicate with onboard systems. No response while trying to read error codes

Last edited:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAve them check the BCM, we had a guy on one of our runs whose truck did the same thing, just stopped, died, wouldn't crank over, nothing. We towed him out to a dealership and it was the BCM. Hope you are still under warranty too, it was i think $1500.

Body Control Module

1. Winch fell apart
2. Half of rear bumper was lost on the track. (Thanks to SandTrooper for picking it up and bringing it back to the camp)
3. Bent ADD Venom front bumper/skid plate.
4. Exhaust broke off
5. Transmission fluid is leaking
6. Flat tire
7. Few LED lights didn't come on (possibly disconnected harness)
8. Truck went into Failsafe mode ("limp mode") and all the lights on the dashboard came on. Engine wrench, oil, coolant, 4x4, tire sensors, and etc.
9. Does not start now. Will not even crank. Got towed to ford dealership.

After 5 days, they still have no idea what is wrong with it. Unable to communicate with onboard systems. No response while trying to read error codes

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) My JBA side exit broke off on the first run. Just need to re-weld bracket.
2) I believe my steering rack is done now, had clunking in it after 2nd run. about a half inch side to side movement before a steering input goes in. Need new rack.
3) WSI chase rack broke where it holds the tire. I had gussets welding in and they broke also. Just needs to be re-welded

Lots of welding going in for me. Also need to talk to Corey about some steering knuckles. Don't want mine going out next time.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More money than brains?

I dont feel that way about it, when your out on a course like that you probably get a little excited and drive a little harder than normal. Theres a saying out there "If you arent breaking anything, you arent driving hard enough!" I say more power to them!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not in the category of "if it breaks, lets upgrade it" im in the "i have an 1800 mile drive home" category.

i lost a rear window which was already broken, and my exhaust melted a hole in one of my air hoses for my onboard air setup