Ranger vs F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess well see how the euro ranger raptor pans out. Bothers me that the ranper gets a front e locker. wonder what else it gets?

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrote #46. Thanks. :rolleyes: Why not just provide the source? I've run into too many internet blowhards that do nothing but send people on wild goose chases. I may be doing you an injustice, but I'm not going there again. I will continue to call 'em like I see 'em. I'm not a Ford fanboy. If that annoys you, there's an ignore button that works like a charm.

My fault, post #43:

Research T6 Platform and Ford Australia's R&D if you want to have some basic facts. The Ranger never stopped production, it stopped being sold *in the US*. It's the global platform sold as the main pickup in much of the world, where the F-150 or larger trucks just aren't much of a thing.

Again, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I just pointed out your experiences with an '85 were irrelevant to the thread which lead us down this path. Like you, I'm not a fanboy and have no brand loyalty. You seem to be laboring under yet another wrong assumption that I've got some pride wrapped up in this. Last time I looked in to "getting a smaller truck" I bought a Power Wagon...so I'm obviously a model of both consistency of thought and brand loyalty. :p You've not annoyed me. Being annoyed vs not putting any weight in your opinion on this particular topic, which by your own admission is based on zero research, are not the same. It also doesn't mean I'm not interested in your opinion on things in an arena in which you do have more knowledge.

Now anyone who is in the thread, including you, can research it or not. Anyone seriously interested in a vehicle absolutely should be and then decide how much weight to give any opinion here. Of perhaps some interest, if you had spent the time looking in to the two things above that you spent telling me you weren't spending any time to look in to those things and how little you cared, we wouldn't have had this conversation. It's certainly not difficult to Google T-6 platform or Ranger R&D Australia and verify, would have taken less time than trying to get me to Google it for you. :D

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess well see how the euro ranger raptor pans out. Bothers me that the ranper gets a front e locker. wonder what else it gets?

The front locker was one of the things that grabbed my attention. If I lived in the Southwest, F-150 Raptor all day. But I don't. Trails here are tighter and more crawly, either rock or mud or rocky mud or muddy rock, than high speed bombing. I think the Ranger Raptor is going to be a solid competitor to the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon or Mojave, but a better option for people who don't care for a removable roof. Lower interior noise and a much nicer interior, plus being faster than walking give it a leg up on the Jeep. Really the only leg up in the most recent Jeep interior upgrade is the horizontal screen orientation is simply more user friendly than the big verticals like the Ranger (and my PW) have.

Jeep doesn't offer the adaptive headlights either, and as a person with eyeballs of a certain age I appreciate good headlights more and more.

The Ranger only has a 20 gallon tank, though, and fuel economy is pretty much samey-same as the F-150. That's a big range hit before needing to refuel.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The front locker was one of the things that grabbed my attention. If I lived in the Southwest, F-150 Raptor all day. But I don't. Trails here are tighter and more crawly, either rock or mud or rocky mud or muddy rock, than high speed bombing. I think the Ranger Raptor is going to be a solid competitor to the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon or Mojave, but a better option for people who don't care for a removable roof. Lower interior noise and a much nicer interior, plus being faster than walking give it a leg up on the Jeep. Really the only leg up in the most recent Jeep interior upgrade is the horizontal screen orientation is simply more user friendly than the big verticals like the Ranger (and my PW) have.

Jeep doesn't offer the adaptive headlights either, and as a person with eyeballs of a certain age I appreciate good headlights more and more.

The Ranger only has a 20 gallon tank, though, and fuel economy is pretty much samey-same as the F-150. That's a big range hit before needing to refuel.

I suspect that it will be better than a Jeep in all uses other than crawling and likely as good at crawling. I hope it's every bit as good as the F-150, that would be best for everyone involved. Cheers.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The anti glare headlight forscan mod on my 23’ Raptor is one of my favorite things! Wayyyyyy better than anything else I have driven.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this is what we were told but I still have trouble believing it. If this was true, why do they still offer Torsen for the Tremor? Tremor shouldn’t need it either if the electronics make it obsolete
Pretty sure they only have the electronic system developed for the Raptor drive modes since they developed it primarily for the R. You’d have to drive two trucks back to back to see if you can notice the difference. I’d suspect you may have a marginally better amount of steering control at high speed in loose off road settings, but if we’re talking about lower speed off roading where someone would traditionally use a locker, the electronic system will work better because it’ll still stop a tire from spinning even when it’s off the ground, unlike a torsen diff. I know with a torsen you can then manually apply brake to shift the torque to the wheel with traction, but the electronic system is doing the same thing automatically.