RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 3.0 making 540 hp is nearly industry leading power/liter. Far higher than anything from the factory going in a pickup...ever. That's M3 CS levels of power. I don't trust Stellantis either on that front. it'll probably be ultimately ok, but boy thats a high strung motor.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 3.0 making 540 hp is nearly industry leading power/liter. Far higher than anything from the factory going in a pickup...ever. That's M3 CS levels of power. I don't trust Stellantis either on that front. it'll probably be ultimately ok, but boy thats a high strung motor.

First 2-3 years they will live at the dealership service bay for sure. Once it's ironed out, should be a monster mouse motor. Interesting they didn't put up TQ numbers yet. I would think the inline-6 would have lots of it.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First 2-3 years they will live at the dealership service bay for sure. Once it's ironed out, should be a monster mouse motor. Interesting they didn't put up TQ numbers yet. I would think the inline-6 would have lots of it.
I think I saw 520tq, just enough to inch out the 3.5 Raptor.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For sure, it’s impressive output in a sub 2 ton sports car. Put it in a 3+ ton truck that’s designed to tow 4+ tons and I don’t see how they’re going to hit durability benchmarks at all.

Where’s @FordTechOne on this? Haha

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure, it’s impressive output in a sub 2 ton sports car. Put it in a 3+ ton truck that’s designed to tow 4+ tons and I don’t see how they’re going to hit durability benchmarks at all.

They say the same about the EcoBoost. :) I would venture to guess the inline-6 is the stronger architecture. But, it's the OTHER parts (all made by the lowest bidder on the shortest timeframe) that will be it's issue.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They are going to need some serious radiators/heat exchangers on that thing.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
521 TQ is what the HO in the regular 1500 will be so I'd imagine it'll be similar in the RHO.