RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ram will need to offer the TRX at a significantly lower price than the 2024 pricing model. $120k for an I6 truck would be a hard stop for most as they could just get a 37 raptor for 20k less.

I'd imagine they'll price it right with the Raptor with the idea that, even though its a 6 cylinder now, it has 100 more horsepower and new shocks to compete directly. Only thing we haven't seen is whether there will be a 37 package TRX too.

Lastly, there are rumors of a super version of the TRX which would be a hybrid around 1000hp. Some are saying it will be a limited production race vehicle but would be cool to see a rwd ICE setup with the front being driven by electric motors.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m pretty far from a tree hugger, but there are some serious performance gains by adding a supplemental electric motor. Look at the Porsche 918.

Ford should do that to the Raptor…
I can only speak for myself, but I definitely don’t want all that added weight and complexity in an off road truck.

The more likely thing we’ll get is a powerboost Raptor, but I don’t want that either.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, but I definitely don’t want all that added weight and complexity in an off road truck.

The more likely thing we’ll get is a powerboost Raptor, but I don’t want that either.
Yeah, my Tundra had the hybrid " Max " engine. While on paper it had more power, it made zero difference in drivability or performance vs the non hybrid version. Another layer of complexity is not what Ford needs, they need to emphasize getting what they currently offer produced "better".