RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I totally get that jump, but would you have made the jump if TRX was only offered in a 6 cyl?

If your choice now becomes 6cyl TRX or 6cyl Raptor, are you coming back to Raptor?
That’s a good question, and one I hope to put off for a long time since thinking of the death of S/C V8’s is a depressing thought.

I used to always like Ford trucks, but I do love my TRX way more then just the V8 that made me get it in the first place. It would be a tough choice, and definitely a first world problem.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a good question, and one I hope to put off for a long time since thinking of the death of S/C V8’s is a depressing thought.

I used to always like Ford trucks, but I do love my TRX way more then just the V8 that made me get it in the first place. It would be a tough choice, and definitely a first world problem.
-My opinion-

You're in a good place having secured a 23 TRX if the V8 is important to you. For most people the R is going to be well above MSRP until it's canceled. Unfortunately, now that there is zero pressure coming from Ram, the R is going to be canceled. The R only exists because the TRX, and once that's gone the R will quickly go back to extinction.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
-My opinion-

You're in a good place having secured a 23 TRX if the V8 is important to you. For most people the R is going to be well above MSRP until it's canceled. Unfortunately, now that there is zero pressure coming from Ram, the R is going to be canceled. The R only exists because the TRX, and once that's gone the R will quickly go back to extinction.
- My opinion -

R will eventually go p00f, but probably not until 26/27. Why should it. Pure profit maker for Ford; they've already invested in it; no competition; TRX ran how many years w/o R competition?; you want a V8 only game in town. Yes all the Fed BS rules will eventually kill, but I wouldn't count on it too soon. No need.

The last year Ford can tweak engine for one last HP boost, make Final Edition; charge $150K, dealers charge $50K++ ADM and let the battle begin to get one.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- My opinion -

R will eventually go p00f, but probably not until 26/27. Why should it. Pure profit maker for Ford; they've already invested in it; no competition; TRX ran how many years w/o R competition?; you want a V8 only game in town. Yes all the Fed BS rules will eventually kill, but I wouldn't count on it too soon. No need.

The last year Ford can tweak engine for one last HP boost, make Final Edition; charge $150K, dealers charge $50K++ ADM and let the battle begin to get one.
You could be right. I'm betting 24 or 25 is the last year. I doubt Ford considers the R a money maker, given the extreme low production numbers. From a sales aspect, R sales are not likely to move the needle in any significant way.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
You could be right. I'm betting 24 or 25 is the last year. I doubt Ford considers the R a money maker, given the extreme low production numbers. From a sales aspect, R sales are not likely to move the needle in any significant way.
True, BUT having a niche vehicle draws attention and sales into other models. Raptor has never been about the $$ for Ford.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ram will cause Ford to re-engineer the rap again to keep up with the 700lb lighter, 550 Hp V-6. Ford is chasing them when they could have saved millions by just making a 550 Hp V-6 that would outrun the TRX blob.
Wait, what? The new TRX will be 700lb lighter than the Raptor? I thought they were going to use the same heavy chassis. I can't believe RAM would spend so much on a dying product.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are all those EV lovers and tree huggers?

I thought we would of had electric RAPTORS by now? Negative it wont happen.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty far from a tree hugger, but there are some serious performance gains by adding a supplemental electric motor. Look at the Porsche 918.

Ford should do that to the Raptor…