RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Car and Driver

While last year’s model was powered by a fiery 702-hp supercharged 6.2-liter V-8, the 2025 TRX is rumored to be switching to a twin-turbo inline-six. The 3.0-liter Hurricane engine that’s currently offered in the Jeep Grand Wagoneer is likely what Ram is dropping under the TRX’s bulging and vented hood, but we suspect it may get tuned up from the Jeep’s current 510-hp output (possibly making around 550 horses). While that power output would do well against the Ford F-150 Raptor, the more powerful Raptor R comes with a 700-hp V-8.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from the diehard Ram guys, the only reason anyone ditched their Raptor was for the SCV8. With the V8 gone, the TRX trim will be axed within one model year, especially if they keep the price high. For most of TRX existence you could get one for 10k under sticker.

It would be interesting to know how many people went from Raptor to TRX and back to Raptor. I bet that number is high.
I just sold my high mileage TRX and came back to a Raptor 37. So at least 1. The TRX was awesome, and never gave me any problems. Current prices for new ones are way too much to warrant replacing the one I had for essentially the exact same truck.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from the diehard Ram guys, the only reason anyone ditched their Raptor was for the SCV8. With the V8 gone, the TRX trim will be axed within one model year, especially if they keep the price high. For most of TRX existence you could get one for 10k under sticker.

It would be interesting to know how many people went from Raptor to TRX and back to Raptor. I bet that number is high.
What makes you think that? I went from a 19 Raptor to a 23 TRX (because of the Hellcat and I paid $11k under MSRP) but have no interest in going to a Raptor R unless it’s price would be at/below MSRP, something I don’t think will ever happen.

After having a TRX, the V6 Raptor is completely out of the question.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
What makes you think that? I went from a 19 Raptor to a 23 TRX (because of the Hellcat and I paid $11k under MSRP) but have no interest in going to a Raptor R unless it’s price would be at/below MSRP, something I don’t think will ever happen.

Now fast forward to next year when buying a TRX V8 won't be an option...then what (assuming one doesn't have a TRX already)? Come pay the piper and ADM for an R...only game in town. As you wisely stated, R won't ever be at MSRP to the masses and only going to get worse next year.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep I totally get that jump, but would you have made the jump if TRX was only offered in a 6 cyl?

If your choice now becomes 6cyl TRX or 6cyl Raptor, are you coming back to Raptor?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ram will cause Ford to re-engineer the rap again to keep up with the 700lb lighter, 550 Hp V-6. Ford is chasing them when they could have saved millions by just making a 550 Hp V-6 that would outrun the TRX blob.